Job title : Rector
Job Location : Zamfara
Deadline : December 27, 2023
Quick Recommended Links
- The Rector is the Chief Academic, Administrative and Accounting Officer of the Polytechnic and has power to exercise general authority over both the staff and students and he is also responsible for discipline in the Polytechnic, subject to the general control of the Governing Council. In addition to proven management and leadership experience, the successful candidate must have a demonstrable passion for academic endeavours and must also be credible.
Academic Qualifications and Qualities
The candidate for the post must possess the following qualifications and qualities:
- Doctorate (Ph.D) Degree from a recognized institution in a discipline offered in the Polytechnic Sector; or any requirement stipulated in the Scheme of Service for the appointment of a Chief Lecturer;
- Minimum of second class lower division Degree or Higher National Diploma (HND) with Lower Credit in a discipline offered in the Polytechnic Sector or from a recognized institution;
- Minimum of seventeen (17) years teaching experience in tertiary institutions, at least ten (10) years of which must have been gained in a Polytechnic or similar TVET institution;
- Chief Lecturer from the Polytechnic Sector with not less than five (5) years experience on the rank;
- Not more than fifty-nine (59) years of age as at 15th May, 2024;
- Demonstrate evidence of strong academic and administrative leadership initiative and creativity in policy formulation, good human relations and positive managerial attributes; vii. Provide evidence of membership of professional body/bodies recognized by Federal Government;
- Provide evidence of scholarship
- Be able to attract research grants and development facilities to the Polytechnic;
- Person with initiative and vision with the capacity to sustain the accelerated pace of development of the Polytechnic even under financial and other challenging constraints;
- Person who is not likely to pursue racial, gender, political, religious or other sectional interests;
- Morally sound, of impeccable character, proven integrity and free from financial embarrassment;
- Physically and mentally fit (with evidence from a Government hospital); and
- Proficient in Information & Communication Technology (ICT).
Terms of Appointment and Conditions of Service
- The appointment is for a single tenure of five (5) years in line with extant provisions.
- The salary is consolidated and the appointee shall enjoy any other benefits attached to the position of a Principal Officer of the Polytechnic as approved by the Federal Government.
How to Apply for this Offer
Interested and qualified candidates should submit twenty (20) typed written copies each of their Application Letter, Curriculum Vitae and photocopies of all relevant Documents to their applications, giving the details in the following order:
- Full Name (Surname first and underlined)
- Date and Place of Birth
- State of Origin and Local Government Area
- Nationality and how acquired
- Marital status
- Current postal address including telephone number and e-mail address
- Educational Institutions attended with dates
- Academic and Professional Qualifications obtained with dates
- Membership of Professional Bodies / Associations
- Honours and Distinctions (if any)
- Academic / Scholarly publications
- Conferences attended and papers presented with dates
- Previous Employer(s) and Post(s) held with dates
- Present Employment to include status, duties and any other relevant experience
- Statement of own vision for the Polytechnic (20 copies)
- Other activities outside current employment
- Names and addresses of three (3) referees (Employer, Educational and Personal) who should be able to attest to the candidate’s claim to high academic and managerial capabilities as well as to the candidate’s notable uprightness.
Applications are to be addressed and submitted in a sealed envelope marked “Application for the post of Rector” at the top left hand corner to:
P.M.B. 1012, Kaura Namoda,
- Applicants will be required to produce originals of their certificates and other relevant credentials if invited for interview, photocopies will not be accepted.
- Applicants are to request their referees (Employer, Educational and Personal) to forward Confidential Reports directly to the Registrar.
- Administrative / Management jobs
- Rector jobs