The Federal Polytechnic, Ado-Ekiti’s job vacancy, Career and Recruitment
Job title : Rector
Job Location : Ekiti
Deadline : October 22, 2022
Quick Recommended Links
- The post of the Rector of the Federal Polytechnic, Ado-Ekiti will become vacant on 23/02/2023.
- The Rector is the Chief Academic, Administrative and Accounting Officer of The Federal Polytechnic and has power to exercise general authority over both the staff and students and he/she is also responsible for discipline in the Polytechnic, subject to the general control of the Governing Council.
- He/She is one of the Principal Officers of the Polytechnic. In addition to proven management and leadership experience, the successful candidate must have a demonstrable passion for academic endeavours and must also be credible.
Academic Qualifications and Qualities
The candidate for the post must possess the following qualifications and qualities:
- A Doctorate Degree (Ph.D) from a recognized Institution in any of the following disciplines offered in the Polytechnic Sector: Technology, Applied Science, Commerce and Management
- A minimum of Second Class Lower Division Degree or a minimum of Lower Credit in Higher National Diploma (HND) in the following disciplines: Technology, Applied Science, Commerce and Management from a recognized Institution
- A minimum of twenty-two (22) years teaching experience in Tertiary Institutions, at least ten (10) years of which must have been gained in a Polytechnic or similar TVET Institution
- A Chief Lecturer from the Polytechnic sector with not less than five (5) years’ experience on the rank
- Not more than fifty-nine (59) years of age as at 23/02/2023 (date the post will become vacant)
- Demonstrate evidence of strong academic and administrative leadership, initiative and creativity in policy formulation, good human relation and positive managerial attributes
- Provide evidence of membership of professional body/bodies recognized by Federal Government
- Provide evidence of scholarly publications in reputable journals as well as presentation of invited papers at educational conferences, seminars and workshops
- Be able to attract research grants and development facilities to the Polytechnic;
- A person with initiative and vision with the capacity to sustain accelerated pace of development of the Polytechnic even under financial and other challenging constraints
- A person who is not likely to pursue racial, gender, political, religious or other sectional interest
- Morally sound, of impeccable character, proven integrity and free from financial embarrassment
- Physically and mentally fit (with evidence from a Government hospital); and
- Proficient in Information and Communication Technology (ICT).
Terms of Appointment and Condition of Service
- The appointment is for a single tenure of five (5) years in line with extant provisions.
- The salary is consolidated and the appointee shall enjoy any other benefits attached to the position of a Principal Officer of the Polytechnic as approved by the Federal Government.
How to Apply for this Offer
Interested and qualified candidates should submit 20 typed written copies of their Application Letter, Curriculum Vitae and attach Photocopies of all relevant documents to their Applications giving the details in the following order:
- Full Name (Surname first and underlined)
- Date and Place of Birth
- State of Origin and Local Government Area
- Nationality and how acquired
- Marital Status
- Number and Ages of Children
- Current Postal Address including Telephone Number and Email Address
- Educational Institutions attended with dates
- Academic and Professional Qualifications obtained with dates
- Membership of Professional Bodies/Association
- Honours and Distinctions (if any)
- Academic/Scholarly Publications
- Conferences attended and Papers presented with dates
- Previous Employer(s) and Post(s) held with dates
- Present Employment to include Status, Duties and any other relevant experience
- Statement of own vision for the Polytechnic (20 copies)
- Other activities outside current employment
- Names and Addresses of three (3) Referees (Employer, Educational and Personal) who are to forward Confidential Reports directly to the Registrar via the address below, such referees should be able to attest to the candidate’s claim to high academic and managerial capabilities as well as to the candidate’s notable uprightness.
Applications are to be submitted in a sealed envelope and marked “Application for the Post of Rector” at the top left hand corner and addressed to:
The Federal Polytechnic,
P.M.B. 5351, Ado-Ekiti,
Ekiti State, Nigeria.
- Applicants will be required to produce originals of the Certificates and other relevant credentials if invited for interview, photocopies will not be accepted.
- Previous holders of the position in any tertiary Institution need not apply.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.