Federal Polytechnic, Damaturu’s job vacancy, Career and Recruitment
Job title : Rector
Job Location : Yobe
Deadline : March 22, 2023
Quick Recommended Links
- The Rector is the Chief Academic, Administrative and Accounting Officer of the Polytechnic and has power to exercise general authority over both the staff and students and he/she is also responsible for discipline in the Polytechnic, subject to the general control of the Governing Council.
- He/she is one of the Principal Officers of the Polytechnic.
- In addition to proven Management and leadership experience, the successful candidates must have a demonstrable passion for academic endeavours and must also be credible.
Academic Qualifications and Qualities
The candidate for the post must possess the following qualifications and qualities:
- A Master’s Degree from a recognized Institution in any of the following disciplines offered in the Polytechnic Sector; Technology, Applied Science, Commerce and Management. Doctorate Degree will be an added advantage;
- A minimum of second class Lower Division Degree or a minimum of Lower Credit in Higher National Diploma (HND) in the following discipline: Technology, Applied Science, Commerce and Management from a recognized institution;
- A minimum of 23 years’ experience with HND or its equivalent or a minimum of 20 years with M.Sc. or a minimum of 17 years with Ph.D. for teaching experience in Tertiary Institutions, at least 10 years of which must have been gained in a Polytechnic or similar TVET Institution
- A Chief Lecturer from the Polytechnic sector with not less than five (5) years’ experience on the rank;
- Not more than fifty nine (59) years of age as at 08/08/2023.
- Demonstrate evidence of strong academic and administrative leadership, initiative and creativity in policy formulation, good human relations and positive managerial attributes;
- Provide evidence of membership of professional body/bodies recognized by Federal Government;
- Provide evidence of scholarly publications in reputable journals as well as presentation of invited papers at educational conferences, seminars and workshops;
- Be able to attract research grants and development facilities to the Polytechnic;
- A person with initiative and vision with the capacity to sustain the accelerated pace of development of the Polytechnic even under financial and other challenging constraints;
- A person who is not likely to pursue, racial, gender, political, religious or other sectional interest;
- Morally sound, of impeccable character, proven integrity and free from financial embarrassment;
- Physically and mentally fit [with evidence from a Government hospital); and
- Proficient in Information & Communication Technology (ITC).
Terms of Appointment and Condition of Service
- The appointment is for a single tenure of five  years in line with extant provisions.
- The salary is consolidated and the appointee shall enjoy any other benefits attached to the position of Principal Officers of the Polytechnic as approved by the Federal Government.
How to Apply for this Offer
Interested and qualified candidates should submit twenty (20) typed written copies of their Application Letter, Curriculum Vitae and attached photocopies of all relevant documents to their application, giving the details in the following order:
- Full Names (Sumame first and underlined).
- Date and place of birth.
- State of Origin and Local Government Area.
- Nationality and how acquired.
- Marital status.
- Number and ages of Children.
- Current Postal Address including telephone number and email address.
- Educational Institutions attended with dates.
- Academic and Professional qualifications obtained with dates.
- Membership of Professional Bodies / Association.
- Honours and Distinctions (if any).
- Academic / Scholarly publications.
- Conferences attended and papers presented with dates.
- Previous Employer(s) and Post(s) held with dates.
- Present Employer to include status, duties and any other relevant experience.
- Statement of own vision for the Polytechnic (20 copies).
- Other activities outside current employment.
- Names and addresses of three  Referees (Employer, Educational and Personal) who should be able to attest to the candidates’ claim to high academic and managerial capabilities as well as to the candidate’s notable uprightness.
Applications are to be addressed and submitted in a sealed envelope marked “Application for the Post of the Rector” at the top left hand corner to:
P.M.B 1006, Damaturu,
- Applicants will be required to produce originals of their certificates and other relevant credentials’ if invited for interview, photocopies will not be accepted.
- Previous holders of the positions in any tertiary institution need not to apply.
- Applicants should request their referees to forward confidential Reports on them, directly to the Registrar, Federal Polytechnic, Damaturu.
* Rector jobs
*Jobs in Yobe
*Administrative / Management jobs
- Salary Offer: *********