Nutrition International’s job vacancy, Career and Recruitment
Job title : Re- Advertising Country Director jobs in Abuja
Job Location : Abuja
Deadline : October 03, 2022
Quick Recommended Links
Know our team
Nutrition International’s Operations Unit is responsible for ensuring the efficient and effective delivery of Nutrition International’s core program interventions including program development, design, planning, implementation, monitoring and reporting, and grant management, including setting annual operational planning, budgeting, and review processes. The unit comprises a global team of professionals located in our 10 core countries across Asia, Africa, and our headquarters in Ottawa. The country director position will be responsible for the overall management of the Nigeria country programs within the Africa Region. Currently, Nutrition International is seeking applications for a Country Director to be based in Abuja, Nigeria.
You are someone with a master’s degree from a recognized university in management, international development, public health, nutrition, or related area. You have at least 10 years of experience in the management of programs in public health, nutrition, international development, or a related field. You have excellent managing diverse teams (in progressively senior roles) skills and proven ability to build positive working relationships with government officials, partners, multi-lateral bodies, and donor representatives.
Fluency in English is required. Local languages will be considered an asset.
About the role
In this role you will be:
- Representation lead for Nutrition International at external meetings and on the process of building, maintaining, and strengthening relationships with key stakeholders (including National, State, and Local Government, private sector, donors, NGOs, academia, and communities), and seek opportunities for collaboration.
- Retaining a thorough knowledge of the local landscape in terms of unmet national needs and identify opportunities for Nutrition International to have impact.
- Overseeing the management of grant-funded programming activities in Nigeria**,** to achieve agreed results, program quality, and disbursement targets within targeted timelines.
- Providing vision and leadership and performance management for Nutrition International staff and consultants, in line with Nutrition International procedures and local legislation.
- Working with the Regional Finance Director, ensure that the financial resources in the Nigeria country office cost centre are properly managed in line with Nutrition International’s Delegation of Authorities and within overall approved budgets.
What we offer
A competitive market pay, health and dental benefits, four weeks of vacation (plus public holidays), flexible work hours, and temporary remote work (we are anticipating a hybrid return to the office plan). We offer a collaborative and engaging work environment.
This position will be in Abuja and travels 30% of the time in-country and regionally with occasional international travel. We thank you for your interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Nutrition International is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to an inclusive, equitable, and accessible work environment. Upon request, accommodations due to a disability are available throughout the selection process.
Please note that all our offers are conditional subject to appropriate screening checks and satisfactory reference checks.
For more detailed information about the role, please click on the attached Job Description. Please click on the Apply button below to submit your application.
*Media / Advertising / Branding jobs in Nigeria
*Media / Advertising / Branding jobs in Abuja
*Re- Advertising Country Director in Abuja
How to Apply for this Offer
Interested and Qualified candidates should Click here to Apply online