1 week ago
Job title : Radiographer jobs in Lagos
Job Location : Lagos
Deadline : April 16, 2023
Quick Recommended Links
- The radiographer will perform radiographic examination using high-tech equipment such as X-rays and ultrasound imaging technology.
- He/ she would also assist in developing treatment plans and overseeing the administration of radiotherapy for patients.
Key tasks and responsibilities
- Preparing examination rooms for patient examinations.
- Positioning patients and equipment, explaining the procedures, and ensuring patients’ comfort.
- Perform a range of scans and radiographic examinations on patients to produce high-quality x-ray images.
- Observe and maintain contact with patients during their waiting, examination and post examination stay in the department.
- Performing diagnostic imaging to produce clear, usable images.
- Inserting commands and data into the electronic database to document and specify the scan sequences, and monitoring the video display to adjust the density or contrast.
- Reporting important information to the Physician, and updating patients’ records.
- Record imaging identification and patient documentation quickly and accurately, observing protocols and maintaining patient confidentiality.
- Provide support and reassurance to patients, taking into account their physical and psychological needs.
- Organizing the daily procedure schedules for emergencies and monitoring radiographic supplies.
- Understand and observe health and safety at work and welfare issues, including ionizing radiation regulations, to protect self and others.
- Monitoring patients during examinations, ensuring their safety, and following procedures to prevent unnecessary exposure to radiation.
- Performing administrative tasks, such as answering technical questions, scheduling appointments, and offering pre-procedure advice.
- Performing scheduled maintenance and emergency repairs on radiographic equipment.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Radiography or any equivalent qualification and registered with The Radiographers Registration Board of Nigeria (RRBN)
- Must have current practicing license. Additional training will be an added advantage.
- Must be efficient in the use of highly technical medical imaging equipment as well as computer software (for updating patient records)
Years of experience
- A minimum of 4 years post NYSC experience as a radiographer
Key competencies and essential attributes
- An uncompromising focus on excellent service delivery
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Good organizational, time management, and analytical abilities,and IT skills
- Exceptional client interaction and relationship management skills.
- Must be able to work under stress.
- Keen attention to details
- Must be able to assist with lifting and moving patients.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, empathy, and compassion.
How to Apply for this Offer
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the position as subject of email.
- Medical / Healthcare jobs
- Radiographer jobs
- Salary Offer: *********