8 months ago
Pentfield SWL’s job vacancy, Career and Recruitment
Job title : Quantity Surveyor/Cost Manager
Job Location : Abuja
Deadline : August 30, 2023
Quick Recommended Links
We are currently looking for a reliable and trustworthy Quantity Surveyor/Cost Manager to join our team of professionals. To be successful in this role, the candidate must be able to come up with Construction Costs, Estimates, Labour and Material schedules from working drawings. He/She must have a methodical approach and superb interpersonal skills.
- Come up with construction costs, estimates, labour and material schedule from working drawings.
- Manages the day-to-day running of the sites.
- Reviewing construction plans and preparing quantity requirements.
- Scrutinizing maintenance and material costs, as well as contracts to ensure the best deals.
- Handles and coordinates procurement activities on site e.g. purchase of materials, updating prices/rates for materials and labour, preparing contracts, etc.
- Supervises the computation of payment schedule by the accountants, vets, and then send to the Project Lead for final vetting.
- Act as custodian of all construction budgets, quotations from constructors/artisans within the sole aim of gathering the best price/rate.
- Ensures that all waste and theft on sites are consciously avoided by putting in place concerete measures aimed at covering all loopholes noticed.
- Ensures ñsavingsî are gotten from BOQs/budgets, especially from purchase of materials and labour rates.
- Monitors and supervises the activities of the store personnel and site securities.
- Disseminates information and correspondence from the corporate office to all the staff on site.
- Reports/receives directives from the Project Lead.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Quantity Surveying, Engineering, Management, or similar field.
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience working in similar role
- Knowledge of construction estimating/finance experience is an added advantage.
- Excellent negotiating and interpersonal skills.
- Must have sound knowledge of the construction industry
- Ability to organize, plan, and strategize.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Great networking abilities.
- Must be punctual at all times.
- Candidate must be trustworthy and honest.
How to Apply for this Offer
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: email@example.com using the position as subject of email.
Quantity Surveyor/Cost Manager jobs in Abuja, Real Estate jobs, Full Time jobs, BA/BSc/HND jobs
- Salary Offer: *********
Email Me Jobs Like These
Showing 1–0 of 0 jobs