Ibis’s job vacancy, Career and Recruitment
Job title : Purchasing / Procurement Executive jobs in Lagos
Job Location : Lagos
Deadline : May 23, 2022
Quick Recommended Links
Location: Ajao Estate, Lagos
- As a Procurement / Purchasing Executive, you work with suppliers to negotiate contracts for the purchase of required goods and keep accurate records of transactions trends.
- Also to assist the Finance and Operational Departments in the monitoring, reporting and controlling of Cost of Sales in the hotel, including audit and control, financial analysis and reporting, budgeting, forecasting etc.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Implement sound procurement policies, systems and procedures in accordance with Company standards.
- Monitor vendors for quality, service and price through standard purchasing specifications.
- Obtain competitive quotations for hotel requirements and ensure that the best product is sourced and purchased.
- Calls for quotations for any items costing more than a certain amount (As per company policy) and inquire into prices from various suppliers.
- Establish contracts to ensure reduced pricing for all operating areas of the hotel.
- Receives market list from the Executive Chef on a daily basis and arranges for delivery of those items daily.
- Identifies items for standing orders utilising vendors logistics for regular deliveries to the hotel based on approved highly consumed items.
- Spot checks storeroom requests if properly maintained, verifies quantity requested and issued, proper items received by signatories & ID availability.
- Spot-checks entered system quotations, period validity quotes locked by, etc.
- Ensures that the suppliers follow the rules relating to the hygiene of goods delivered.
- Keeps all records in a way that they can be checked at any time for information or audit purposes.
- Maintains all documents, files and listings up-to-date and performs his duties in the most efficient manner.
- Willing to work a flexible schedule in order to accomplish all major responsibilities and tasks.
- Ensures validity of items available, force issue obsolete items and follows up on action taken for disposal.
- Ensures that all orders receiving dates are updated by the buyers according to the suppliers promised delivery dates.
- Ensures that all authorised or approved purchase orders are sent to their respective suppliers/vendors for delivery purposes on a daily basis.
Requirements & Qualifications
- Graduate or Diploma in Business Studies or MBA in Purchasing and Supply
- Previous minimum of 4 years experience working in the same role in a luxury Hotel
- Strong negotiating and closing skills required, along with a demonstrated ability to develop negotiation strategies for complex activities.
- With good knowledge of MS office and Materials management software (MMS)
How to Apply for this Offer
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the email.