About Pulse NG’s Job offer
Job title : Lifestyle Reporter
Job Location : Lagos
Deadline : March 2, 2021
Quick Recommended Links
- Pulse is looking for a Lifestyle Reporter well connected in the Fashion industry who will be responsible for researching, monitoring, writing and reporting news stories.
- The Lifestyle Reporter is a position we’re hiring for in our Lagos office. The role will report to the Editor in Chief.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Collect, verify, fact-check and analyze newsworthy information thoroughly.
- Create and deliver news stories (article, video and/or social posts) with the audience’s perspective in mind.
- Receive assignments or investigate news leads/tips.
- Contact, interview and research sources.
- Maintain notes and audio/video recordings.
- Abide by journalism’s ethics and codes.
- Cooperate with reporters, video editors, social media managers, chief editor, producers etc.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest current events by properly monitoring news, attending events and building contacts and sources for use in future stories.
- Attend press conferences, events, and file report in a timely manner.
- Assist and guide the content team with developing story ideas and stories.
- Develop and publish weekly reviews, opinion pieces, reports and story ideas.
- Edit and/or assist in editing and proofreading reporter and senior reporter’s stories.
- Read copy or proof to detect and correct errors in spelling, punctuation, etc.
Skills that would make a candidate successful in this role
- Experience with content marketing and various content formats such as article, social and video and a proven ability to drive readership.
- Excellent communication and news story-telling skills.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to plan, organize and prioritize in a fast-paced environment.
- A lot of energy, passion and enthusiasm Remuneration Remuneration is competitive.
Remuneration is competitive.
How to Apply for this Offer
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and a cover email explaining why you’re a great fit for this role to: [email protected] using the “Job Title” as the subject of the email.