Job title : Public Affairs & Public Relations Manager – Sub-Saharan Africa
Job Location : Lagos
Deadline : October 19, 2023
Quick Recommended Links
Your work-life opportunity:
- Glovo connects people with possibilities. From consumers and couriers to SMEs and iconic brands, our mission is to make city life easier and smarter.
- Our growth implies an increasing political role and social responsibility, and this is why we are looking for someone to represent Glovo in the political, social, and institutional ecosystems in the Sub-Saharan African (SSA) countries where we operate.
- In this role you will be working closely with our Regional General Manager, Africa & country Leadership teams, and global teams to design and implement our public affairs and public relations strategy in SSA.
Be a part of a team where you will:
- Manage and lead our policy effort in SSA, developing strategies to keep the market open and to reinforce our non-market strategies.
- Provide similar support to Comms and Social Impact work Glovo does in the region.
- Regularly monitor regulations and policies relevant for Glovo and our partners.
- Track public debates and media coverage impacting Glovo or our ecosystem.
- Support other areas of Glovo at local, regional and HQ levels including Operations, Legal Marketing or Communications.
- Design regulatory and legislative proposals in support of our business strategies.
- Directly engage policymakers, their staff and other stakeholders to explain and defend Glovo’s business model and vision.
- Draft and execute a third party engagement strategy aimed at developing Glovo’s champions in the communities we serve.
- Create and execute PR strategies and media engagement across the region
- Coordinate Glovo’s regional PR efforts and establish a regular cadence of media coverage in local media
- Coordinate the regional PR agency
- Prepare press releases, articles, Q&As, talk tracks,, statements and media comments on behalf of company spokespeople
- Manage and coordinate speaking engagements and press events, including research and draft of briefing materials
- Provide PR advice to other departments and local General Managers
- Proactively work to protect Glovo’s reputation in issues management.
- Maintain and develop relationships with key media
- Be proactive in newsjacking when the opportunity arises.
- Actively collaborate with your colleagues and learn from each other in a supportive environment that allows you to grow, develop and make a difference.
- Experience: at least five years of experience working in government affairs or public relations preferred, with additional experience in Public Relations. We are also open to candidates who’ve been leaders in other fields (e.g. legal, media, policy, consulting) and may be looking for a career change.
- Local expertise: a good understanding of the region’s politics and socio-economic developments, especially labour markets, digitalization and competition, as well as the local media landscapes.
- Well-rounded skills: an analytical mind that understands the interplay between political, regulatory, social and economic dynamics and has an understanding for how journalists and local media work and how to position topics in media.
- Glovo and other on-demand delivery companies are changing cities and consumption habits. You will need to be able to understand the potential for positive change and be an advocate of this vision.
- Social and Communication skills: you’ll need the ability to convey our message persuasively and clearly to a very diverse audience.
- A team player: success at Glovo depends on the ability to interact with different teams (internally and externally) around shared goals. It’s why we’re looking for well-organised people who enjoy working with others to get stuff done.
- A self-starter: Glovo is a company of entrepreneurs and we want to work with people who enjoy building things from the bottom up. Things move quickly so you’ll need to be highly adaptable as well as calm under pressure.
- An empathetic, inclusive and curious attitude.
What you’ll find when working at Glovo:
- Gas: Driven to deliver quality results quickly
- Good Vibes: Bring positivity and communicate openly
- Stay Humble: Self-aware and open to learning
- Care: Uplift people and the planet
- Glownership: Act as proud owners
- High Bar: Focus on Top Performance.
Experience our Glovo Life benefits:
- Enticing equity plan (if applicable)
- Top-notch private health insurance
- Monthly Glovo credit to spend on our restaurant products and zero delivery fee on all Glovo orders!
- Discounted gym memberships
- Flexible time off (take the time you need) and hybrid working model (own your time)
- Enhanced parental leave including nursery support!
- Online therapy and wellbeing benefit.
How to Apply for this Offer
Interested and Qualified candidates should Click here to Apply Now
- Media / Advertising / Branding jobs
- Public Affairs & Public Relations Manager – Sub-Saharan Africa jobs