African Union’s job vacancy, Career and Recruitment
Job title : Protocol Officer AfCFTA jobs in Not specified
Job Location : Not specified
Deadline : May 23, 2022
Quick Recommended Links
Requisition ID: 1163
Location: Accra, Ghana
Reports to: Protocol Officer (P2)
Directorate/Department: Protocol Services
Division: Protocol Division
Number of Direct Reports: 2
Job Grade: P1
Contract Type: Regular
Purpose of Job
- Support the development and deliver a range of protocol activities during events such as training/information seminars, conferences, publicity events, dinners and luncheons in line with protocol policies, strategies and programmes within the AfCFTA Secretariat
- Assist in the following up on the activities of the division, including monitoring and evaluating progress made in line with a predefined strategic plan;
- Provide support in implementation of programs, policies and procedures within the division;
- Assist in conducting analysis and generate accurate reports in a timely manner for the respective Unit/Division and AUs internal use;
- Provide support to senior officers in setting the overall research direction of a relevant policy area;
- Participate in the organisation of relevant meetings, congresses and conferences with stakeholders;
- Assist in engagement with relevant mid-level stakeholders and develop relationships as may be delegated;
- Support the promotion of the activities of the Division including preparing leaflets, guidelines and fact sheets;
- Provide technical support to internal and external stakeholders.
- Assist in the preparation of protocol information guidelines for delegates and participants of AfCFTA meetings on the modalities of accreditation and seating plans
- Assist in the preparation of the Diplomatic list of State Parties of the AfCFTA and keep protocol related documents of historical value and ensure their periodical update
- Assist in securing and maintaining ceremonial items such as Mast flags; desk flags, car pennant and name plates of Member States are properly procured and correctly used in appropriate places
- Provide protocol assistance to staff and handle in-house and external enquiries
- Undertake Airport duties of welcoming/and seeing-off VIPs and other personalities at the airport, VIP lounge arrangements, etc
- Maintains working relationship with airline personnel, immigration and custom officers under the guidance of the Manager;
- Oversees the work of the staff under his supervision;
- Oversees the processing of Exit Visas for the departing staff;
- Perform other duties as may be assigned
Academic Requirements and Relevant Experience
- A Bachelor’s Degree in International Relations and Diplomacy, Public Administration, Humanities or any other related discipline with at least 2 years of relevant work experience
- Oral and written communication skills
- Excellent analytical thinking and problem solving skills
- Planning and organizational skills
- Ability to successfully manage ambiguity
- Ability to work across business units / geographies; cultural sensitivity
- Proficiency in one of the AU official working languages (French, English, Portuguese, Arabic) and fluency in another AU language(s) is an added advantage.
- Strategic Insight
- Developing Others
- Change Management
- Managing Risk
- Accountable and Complies with Rules.
- Communicating with Influence.
- Teamwork and Collaboration.
- Learning Orientation.
- Analytical Thinking and Problem Solving
- Job Knowledge and information sharing
- Drive for Results
Tenure of Appointment
- The appointment will be made on a regular term contract for a period of three (3) years, of which the first twelve months shall be considered as a probationary period.
- Thereafter, the contract will be for a period of two years renewable, subject to satisfactory performance and deliverables.
- The AU Commission is an equal opportunity employer and qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Proficiency in one of the AU working languages (Arabic, English, French, Kiswahili, Portuguese, and Spanish) and fluency in another AU language is an added advantage.
- Indicative basic salary of US$25,523.00 (P1 Step1) per annum plus other related entitlements e.g. Post adjustment ( 57% of basic salary), Housing allowance US$ 21,196.80 (per annum), and education allowance (100% of tuition and other education-related expenses for every eligible dependent up to a maximum of US$ 10,000.00 per child per annum), for internationally recruited staff and a maximum of $3,300 per child per annum for locally recruited staff.
How to Apply for this Offer
Interested and Qualified candidates should Click here to Apply online