African Union’s job vacancy, Career and Recruitment
Job title : Protocol Officer, AfCFTA jobs in Not specified
Job Location : Not specified
Deadline : May 23, 2022
Quick Recommended Links
Purpose of Job
- Develop and deliver a range of protocol activities during events such as training/information seminars, conferences, publicity events, dinners and luncheons in line with protocol policies, strategies and programmes within the AfCFTA Secretariat.
- Follow up on the activities of the division, including monitoring and evaluating progress made in line with a predefined strategic plan;
- Suggest new and expand on existing policy areas for planned research;
- Contribute in conducting analysis and generate accurate reports in a timely manner for the respective Unit/Division and AfCFTA Secretariat internal use;
- Assist in setting the overall research direction of a relevant policy area;
- Responsible for the delegation and execution of defined research areas;
- Participate in the organisation of relevant meetings, congresses and conferences with stakeholders;
- Engage with relevant mid-level stakeholders and develop working relationships. Support the promotion of the activities of the Division including preparing leaflets, guidelines and fact sheets;
- Assist in drafting reports and participate in the preparation of budget and work programmes related to the functioning of the Unit/Division;
- Provide technical support to internal and external stakeholders.
- Prepare information guidelines for delegates and participants of AfCFTA Secretariats meetings on the modalities of accreditation and seating plans
- Assist in the preparation of the Diplomatic list of State Parties of the AfCFTA Secretariat and keep protocol related documents of historical value and ensure their periodical update
- Ensure the ceremonial items such as Mast flags; desk flags, car pennant and name plates of Member States are properly procured and correctly used in appropriate places
- Custodian of the Secretariat ceremonial items (Mast flags; desk flags, car pennant, name plates as well as the gifts etc…)
- Supervise the work of Protocol Assistants reporting to him/her
- Provide protocol assistance to staff and handle in-house and external enquiries
- Undertake Airport duties of welcoming/and seeing-off VIPs and other personalities at the airport, VIP lounge arrangements, etc
- Maintains working relationship with airline personnel, immigration and custom officers under the guidance of the Manager;
- Coordinate with events management staff for effective progression of the event, briefing them about the standard events protocol;
- Oversees the work of the staff under his/her supervision;
- Oversees the processing of Exit Visas for the departing staff;
- Perform other related duties as may be assigned.
Academic Requirements and Relevant Experience
- A Bachelors Degree in International Relations, Diplomacy, Political Sciences, Public Administration, Humanities or any other related discipline with 5 years of relevant work experience in areas of Protocol Services.
- A Masters Degree in Social Sciences, with specialization in International Relations and Diplomacy or in related field with 2 years of relevant work experience in Protocol services
- Supervisory experience is an added advantage.
- Oral and written communication skills
- Excellent analytical thinking and problem solving skills
- Planning and organizational skills
- Ability to successfully manage ambiguity
- Ability to work across business units / geographies; cultural sensitivity
- Proficiency in one of the AU official working languages (French, English, Portuguese, Arabic) and fluency in another AU language(s) is an added advantage.
- Strategic Insight.
- Developing Others
- Change Management.
- Managing Risk.
- Teamwork and Collaboration.
- Accountable and Complies with Rules.
- Learning Orientation.
- Communicating with Influence.
- Analytical thinking and problem solving.
- Job Knowledge and information sharing.
- Drive for Results.
- Continuous Improvement Focus.
- Proficiency in one of the AU working languages (Arabic, English, French, Portuguese, and Spanish) and fluency in another AU language is an added advantage.
Tenure of Appointment
- The appointment will be made on a regular term contract for a period of three (3) years, of which the first twelve months shall be considered as a probationary period. Thereafter, the contract will be for a period of two years renewable, subject to satisfactory performance and deliverables.
Indicative basic salary of US$31,073.00 (P2 Step1) per annum plus other related entitlements e.g. Post adjustment ( 57% of basic salary), Housing allowance of US$ 21,196.80 (per annum), and education allowance (100% of tuition and other education-related expenses for every eligible dependent up to a maximum of US$ 10,000.00 per child per annum), for internationally recruited staff and a maximum of $3,300 per child per annum for locally recruited staff.
How to Apply for this Offer
Interested and Qualified candidates should Click here to Apply online