Job title : Protection Officer
Job Location : Borno
Deadline : October 14, 2023
Quick Recommended Links
Under the supervision of the Protection Manager, the Senior Protection Officer is responsible for the overall oversight and management (planning, implementation, and monitoring) of the UNHCR project. S/he will support the Protection Manager in managing and supervising staff. S/he is responsible for ensuring that projects run smoothly by providing technical leadership, supervising, training and mentoring staff, and coordinating the implementation of project activities. The Senior Protection Officer will contribute to the IRC Protection program development and proposal development. S/he is will play an active role in establishing and managing relationships with local partners, humanitarian actors, state authorities, beneficiaries and local/traditional leaders and contribute to the achievement of IRC Protection program and IRC vision 2020 goals.
Project planning and implementation
- Responsible for the planning and timely implementation of project activities in Borno, ensuring adherence to IRC policies and procedures.
- Continuously monitor project quality; for example, strengthening data collection, reporting, accountability initiatives, and documenting the impact of IRC presence in the field.
- Ensure synergy between the Protection sector and other IRC sectorial activities in Borno in close coordination and consultation with other Protection staff.
- Work with the Protection Manager and Coordinator to contribute to new project development, including both narratives and budgets.
- Contribute and support effective monitoring, evaluation and learning processes and initiatives, and ensure effective data and information management for project.
- Develop monthly work plans focused on key outputs and outcomes in consultation with other Protection staff.
- Ensure staff contributions to project monitoring and evaluation requirements to ensure project quality, relevance and accountability to IRC’s target populations.
- Integrate community approaches, gender sensitivity, capacity building and mainstream protection into all activities as appropriate.
Reporting and documentation
- Ensure IRC has up-to-date information on the affected and targeted community and coordinate beneficiary lists and numbers with Reporting/Database Assistant and different stakeholders.
- Ensure the timely and quality delivery of weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual project reports.
- Ensure high-quality IRC and donor reports on activities, indicators and achievements.
- Ensure that all reporting is disaggregated by age and gender.
- Keep proper records of all project activities.
- Create and sustain a work environment of mutual respect where team members strive to achieve excellence.
- Support the Protection Manager in supervision, hiring and orientation new Protection staff as necessary.
- Contribute to IRC Protection sector team-building efforts, help solving arising problems and support the Protection Manager in the integration of all team members into relevant decision-making processes.
- University degree in law, Political science, psychology, social sciences or social work (bachelors as a minimum).
- Relevant experience in protection programming including focus on protection monitoring and responding to identified protection needs.
- Demonstrated experience using international human rights standards in protection programming.
- Knowledge of Project Cycle Management
- Experience of HR staff management of national staff
- Experience of working in IDP sites (camps and host communities).
- Experience with coordination of humanitarian protection activities essential. Skills in advocacy essential
- Ability to manage teams especially field teams in a challenging environment
- Ability and willingness to live and work in a challenging environment
- Good communication skills (written and verbal), cultural sensitivity, flexibility, ability to improvise, team player.
- Ability to live and productively work under stress and in insecure and harsh environments while maintaining a sense of humor
- Strong computer skills require (word and excel).
How to Apply for this Offer
Interested and Qualified candidates should Click here to Apply Now
- NGO/Non-Profit jobs
- Protection Officer jobs