Job title : Protection from Violence Project Manager
Job Location : Borno
Deadline : February 20, 2024
Quick Recommended Links
What you will do:
In this position, you will:
- Line management for project staff.
- Adherence to NRC policies, guidance, and procedures.
- Contribute to the development of Country, Area, and Protection from Violence strategies, and initiate and participate in the development of relevant Protection from Violence projects.
- Coordinate and manage Protection from Violence Core Competency project implementation (activities, budget, and project documentation) in line with proposals, strategies, and donor requirements.
- Implement technical direction and ensure high technical quality of projects.
- Provide regular progress reports to the Area Manager and the Protection from Violence Specialist.
- Ensure that projects target beneficiaries most in need of protection, explore and asses new and better ways to assist.
- Develop and manage project budget (in cooperation with Coordinators) and coordinate across Core competencies.
- Ensure capacity building of project staff and transfer key skills.
- Liaise and collaborate with relevant local authorities and other key stakeholders.
- Promote the rights of IDPs/returnees in line with the advocacy strategy.
What you will bring:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent related to Protection (law) social work, social science, humanities, or other related degree
- Minimum 3 years of experience from a senior-level project implementation position in a humanitarian/recovery context.
- Experience working in complex and volatile contexts.
- Technical Protection from Violence expertise.
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal.
Context/Specific skills, knowledge, and experience:
- Knowledge of NGO operations and humanitarian sector dynamics in Borno State is an advantage
- Demonstrated background and knowledge of major humanitarian donors, particularly BHA (Bureau for Humanitarian Assistance), ECHO (European Civil Protection and Humanitarian Aid Operations),
- Relevant experience in Site Management (SM), having practiced mobile site management (SM) and Urban displacement out of camp (UDOC)
- Demonstrated experience in successfully managing, and capacity-building a multicultural team
- Previous experience in partnerships with local governments and CBOs, providing capacity building, coaching, and collaborating on project design and implementation
- Willingness to travel and work in hard-to-reach areas under strenuous conditions
- Experience managing projects relating to camp/collective site management, out-of-camp/urban community management, community-based protection, community services, or community capacity building in a humanitarian or recovery context.
- Good cultural awareness and sensitivity
- Experience with start-up or expansion of new programs
- Fluency in Hausa and one other spoken language in Borno Central and/or Borno Northtry programmes and donors
- Experience of working with consortia
How to Apply for this Offer
Interested and Qualified candidates should Click here to Apply Now
- NGO/Non-Profit jobs
- Protection from Violence Project Manager jobs