General Electric’s job vacancy, Career and Recruitment
Job title : Project Sourcing Leader, Sub Sahara Africa jobs in Lagos
Job Location : Lagos
Deadline : November 15, 2021
Quick Recommended Links
Ref No: R3599764
Category: Sourcing / Supply Chain
Job Description Summary
- The successful candidate will be responsible for the sourcing function through the complete ITR phase of Complex projects and Non Outage sourcing for the services business in Sub Sahara Africa.
- Negotiate with dedicated providers according to specific policies. Achieve the best contractual conditions while also ensuring internal customer satisfaction. In-depth understanding of key business drivers; uses this understanding to accomplish own work.
- In-depth understanding of how work of own team integrates with other teams and contributes to the success of the services business.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Coordinate with Regional Strategic Sourcing Key Commodity Leaders on supplier selection & strategy. Responsible for supplier selection, preparation of request for quotations and all related communication with suppliers. This involves coordination with PMO, Engineering, and suppliers (EPCÛªs and OEMÛªs) to understand project scope requirements. Prepare bidders lists and work with suppliers for bid clarification and/or kick-off meetings if required. Work with supplier quality and support their supplier qualification process and take the lead on supplier CoPQ recovery and drive supplier localization.
- Responsible for leading negotiation of contracts (purchasing agreement and contract of works) for external sourcing of services and materials of complex project scopes using expertise from supporting organizations like contracts, legal and insurance teams. Ensure appropriate business approvals are obtained as per DOA prior to final contract negotiations following applicable company and regulations.
- Sourcing Fulfillment of GT, ST, Gen, Boiler & related MSD scope. Work with Parts Sourcing Fulfillment Team to set sourcing strategy, identify compliance requirements and prioritize expediting of parts and materials.
- Create demand for suppliers using the relevant ERP system to issue purchase orders while following the necessary DoA approval process. Ensure supplier payments, close open POÛªs, deal with AP holds and payment updates to suppliers. Responsible for PMO dashboard updates, metrics and weekly KPIÛªs follow up.
- Work with assigned sourcing team to meet or beat business goals for deflation, cash and On time delivery. Ensure accurate KPI pulsing for the buy, drive deflation and improve NNT. This will involve workflow submissions, due diligence on cost out data and other related tasks.
- Ensure compliance of offers, specifications, schedule, quality and contractual terms. Demonstrate leadership for the sourcing team while working with individual departments, especially commercial, legal, engineering, quality, Compliance, EHS, and finance. Work with respective Supplier Quality Engineers to ensure the use of qualified suppliers and resolve supply chain issues.
- Developing in-depth knowledge of the sourcing discipline. Uses prior experience and acquired expertise to execute functional policy/strategy.
- A job at this level is an individual contributor role, with proven interpersonal skills. Communication with direct colleagues and the business about design and coordination services rendered. Provides informal guidance to new team members. Explains complex information to others in straightforward situations.
- Impacts projects, processes and procedures in own field. The role operates with some autonomy, but is focused on execution of activities/provision of advice within an enabling discipline covered by standard functional practices and procedures. Activities require professional judgment, but may require more senior levels of guidance.
- Utilizes technical expertise and judgement to solve problems. Leverages technical skills and analytic thinking required to solve problems. May use multiple internal sources outside of own team to arrive at decisions.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferably in Engineering, Operations, or Supply Chain or equivalent.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in supply chain, sourcing, engineering, or field engineering role in power generation industry. Familiarity with GT, ST, Gen, Boiler & related BOP components.
- Proficient in Smartsheet, MS Office applications like Outlook, Excel, Word, and Power Point.
- Ability and willingness to travel if necessary, domestically and internationally.
- ERP purchasing system experience like Oracle/Power Max/SAP/Ariba.
- Excellent communication skills including reading and interpreting engineering drawings, BOM and contractual documents.
- Advanced knowledge with procurement and sourcing processes in tender and execution stage, expertise in preparation of cost calculation, ability of analytical evaluation of data.
- Strong oral and written communication skills. Ability to analyze and resolve problems.
- Financial and business acumen, Familiarity with Sourcing quality process.
- Familiarity with different organizations & responsibilities within EPC Construction companies.
- Demonstrated ability to be effective in a cross-functional, cross-cultural team environment.
- Six Sigma training is preferred (GE employees only).
- GE program graduate is preferred (GE employees only).
*Store Keeping/Procurement jobs in Nigeria
*Store Keeping/Procurement jobs in Lagos
*Project Sourcing Leader, Sub Sahara Africa in Lagos
How to Apply for this Offer
Interested and Qualified Candidates should Click here to Apply online