2 weeks ago
Job title : Project Services Lead
Job Location : Rivers
Deadline : June 25, 2023
Quick Recommended Links
Job Objective/Purpose of Job:
- The Project Services Lead will be responsible for defining, producing, and executing project control polices, processes, procedures and systems for Cainergy International Limited (CIL) as a core member of the Project Delivery Organisation also known as the Project Management Office (PMO).
- In this role, he/she will be responsible for ensuring that all projects executed by the PMO are based on sound and profitable cost estimates and project schedules and that the projects are controlled in such a way as to ensure that value erosion through cost escalation and/or schedule slippages are minimised.
Business Unit: Cainergy Group
Reports To: Manger, Engineering and Projects
Job Duties/ Responsibilities/ Accountabilities:
- Develop project control policies, processes, procedures, and systems for the company and ensure compliance by all.
- Control projects in accordance with established policies, procedures, systems, and requirements approved by the company.
- Conduct cost estimating, cost control, project scheduling and project control activities for all projects carried out by the company.
- Collate price information from within the company, conduct market research externally and develop databases of cost norms required for producing Type 1/2/3 etc cost estimates for the company’s projects as required.
- Conduct cost estimate assurance by reviewing estimates developed by project engineers and benchmarking against databases of cost norms.
- Develop project budgets in coordination with project engineers, project accountant, Contracting and Procurement as well as Human Resources teams.
- Conduct cost risk analyses and reflect in project budgets.
- Provide input to development of project payment milestone schedules, to align with budgets.
- Monitor milestone certifications/payments and all other weekly and monthly project expenditure vs budget. Report performance including expenditure forecasting and variance reporting.
- Develop Level 1/2/3 etc project schedules as required for all projects conducted by the company, in coordination with project engineers, using suitable industry scheduling software.
- Develop schedule baselines. Conduct schedule risk analyses and include outcome in baseline schedules.
- Monitor project activities vs baseline schedules and report progress/performance including schedule forecasting and variance reporting.
- Participate in solving difficult technical issues requiring a broad knowledge related to technical/functional responsibilities.
- Provide value-added expertise in project controls.
- Set goals within broad outlines provided by top management.
- Present and explain proposals, reports, and findings to clients.
- Prepare budgets, support bids/contracts development, and participate in the negotiation of contracts.
- Represent engineering team in product development requirements and creation of schedules and budgets.
- Bachelor’s degree in any engineering discipline or any other related field
- Membership of Project Management Institute or related professional affiliation would be an advantage
- Minimum of 10 years of experience working in a project controls role conducting project cost estimates, scheduling/planning and forecasting/reporting with knowledge of fabrication, operations & maintenance and commissioning
How to Apply for this Offer
Interested and Qualified candidates should Click here to Apply Now
- Administrative / Management jobs
- Project Services Lead jobs