2 weeks ago
Job title : Project Officer
Job Location : Ogun
Deadline : September 22, 2023
Quick Recommended Links
ROLE AND PURPOSE
- The Project Officer will be responsible for managing a project on tuberculosis (TB) and HIV across several LGAs in Ogun State.
- Manage the day-to-day implementation of the project from a program and financial perspective, including ensuring adequate monitoring mechanisms for the different facets of project management.
- Supervise M&E Officer, data officers, field officers, community testers and linkage officers.
- Coordinate work with the finance, logistics, operations and monitoring and evaluation teams, as well as liaise with relevant stakeholders, including Federal, State, and Local Government agencies, traditional leaders, traditional and other NGOs as the need arises.
- Manage program budget and budget performance.
- Support the coordination and implementation of all assigned community engagement activities as outlined in the detailed implementation/work plan in line with organizational program quality principles and standards, donor requirements, and good practices.
- Monitor and report any challenges and/or gaps identified to inform adjustments to plans and implementation schedules. identify community entry points, potential conflict triggers related to program activities and devise mitigating measures where needed.
- Coordinate communication and facilitate information sharing among the project team, partners, and other project beneficiaries at all levels of the program engagement.
- Liaise with team members to ensure full involvement of community leaders and traditional healers in the LGAs, allow participation of community representatives, and local government representatives in the overall implementation and improvement of project activities.
- Ensure capacity strengthening among staff to empower community engagement and effective communication techniques for trust and relationship building and support capacity building events for community representatives.
- Attend meetings on behalf of the organization with ability to do presentations and to coherently share project information and materials.
- Ensure compilation of standard reports for all program activities in a timely manner.
- General knowledge of local, state, and federal government healthcare practices.
- Knowledgeable about local community cultures, leaders, customs, and practices, with willingness to integrate and learn in new terrains.
- Experience in monitoring projects successfully with timely report writing and collection of relevant data is a Must Have.
- Proficiency using MS Windows and MS Office packages (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), especially in Excel is a Must Have.
- Experience using EPI-Info, Stata, SPSS, Kobo Collect, DHIS and Google Maps will be taken into consideration.
- Salary is competitive and negotiable but commensurate with experience and educational background.
How to Apply for this Offer
Interested and qualified candidates should apply using the Apply Now button below.
- Medical / Healthcare jobs
- Project Officer jobs