Catholic Relief Services’s job vacancy, Career and Recruitment
Job title : Project Officer – Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL) jobs in Bayelsa
Job Location : Bayelsa
Deadline : October 22, 2021
Quick Recommended Links
Job Number: 210000M2
Job: Program Management
Employee Status: Entry Level
Job Type: Full-time
Job Level: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 50 % of the Time
- The USAID/Nigeria funded Integrated Child Health and Social Services Award Lot1 (ICHSSA1) is to ensure that Orphans and Vulnerable Children (OVC)are cared for, and protected by their households, communities, and local and state governments to reduce their vulnerability to HIV.
- The ICHSSA1 project is implemented by Center for Clinical Care and Clinical Research (CCCRN) in partnership with CRS, in Akwa Ibom, Bayelsa and Cross States of Nigeria.
- The project seeks to improve the wellbeing of OVC and their caregivers in a coordinated and sustainable manner. CRS, as is a member of the consortium, manages the Strategic Information (SI) component of the award, among others. It is pertinent to develop new databases and/or management information systems (MIS), maintain and upgrade existing ones in order to respond to data management needs of the project in relation to its Activity Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Plan (AMELP), which will include but not limited to routine data collection, management, storage and reporting using appropriate indicators, tools and management information systems (MIS).
- The primary responsibility of the MEAL Officer, which will be based in Bayelsa State will include, overall data management and technical support for the implementation of a wide range of Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL) activities at the Project office, State Ministries of Women Affairs (SMWA), and other OVC stakeholders and HIV treatment implementing partners (IPs) in Bayelsa State, in accordance with USAID OVC programmatic mandate and reporting requirements.
Roles and Key Responsibilities
- Support and oversee the MEAL activities of the Civil Society Organizations (CSOs) in the implementation and use of national OVC MIS tools and the National OVC Management Information Systems (NOMIS).
- Work closely with the CSO M&E officers to ensure they understand the needs of the project stakeholders and donor/USAID data management reporting requirements.
- Support CSO M&E staff in their work with the community case workers (CCWs) to ensure that they obtain the required training to enable them adhere to the data management standard operating procedures (SOPs) towards accurate reporting and timely submission of data.
- In collaboration with the CRS/ICHSSA1 MEAL team build capacity of CSO M&E staff in understanding of OVC monitoring, evaluation and reporting (MER) indicators and Nigeria custom indicators and how they are measured.
- Ensure that CSOs enter accurate and high-quality data and report on the MIS platforms on a timely basis or as may be needed.
- Collaborate with USAID-commissioned or third-party IP in the conduct of external data quality assessments (DQAs) and Site Improvement and Monitoring System (SIMS) implementation.
- Ensure that CSOs participate in the DQAs, understand the recommendations for remedial action, and comply with those recommendations
- As may be directed by the Database/ICT4D manager and the Senior Technical SI Specialist from time to time, support the analysis, hands-on couching and mentoring of CSO M&E and Data Entry Clerks (DECs) towards the collection, collation and reporting of CSOsÛª data using the appropriate MIS platforms on monthly, quarterly, semi-annual and annual basis to ICHSSA1 project office, SMWA office, USAID and other stakeholders, as may be required.
- Identifies and responds to key stakeholdersÛª information needs in MEAL activities, using a range of appropriate communication methods.
- Undertake any MEAL responsibilities that may be assigned to him from time to time by his supervisor of the management team.
Basic Qualifications (BQs):
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Science with emphasis in Rural Development, Public Health, Statistics or any development related fields.
- At least three years of professional experience implementing/managing M&E for programs related to Health, HIV and OVC, agriculture or food and nutrition security programming, of which at least one year with a NGOs.
- Demonstrated skills in M&E design with previous experience in application of quantitative and qualitative research methodologies.
- Proficiency in the use of MS Office – Excel, Power Point and Word and experience in designing computer databases in any of the following Access, SQL, CSPro, SPSS, STATA or other database packages.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with government and civil society partners and communities as well as transfer knowledge to diverse audiences through workshops, training and meetings using participatory methods and adult learning principles.
- Inter-personal skills for effective team work; as well as the ability to work independently on a frequent basis, taking initiative, managing a variety of activities concurrently, and delivering outputs on schedule.
- Must be proficient both in written and spoken English language. Knowledge of any of the local languages in Bayelsa state could be an added advantage
- Must be willing and able to travel to creeks and remote communities up to 60 % of the time.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (SKAs):
- Ability and desire to work well with diverse employees of the project, CSOs, USAID, government staff, others OVC stakeholders and HIV Treatment implementing partners in Akwa Ibom State, in a cooperative and friendly manner.
- Must demonstrated progression in career with increasing responsibilities.
- Prior experience selecting and implementing learning management systems (LMS)
- Able to work flexible hours when needed.
Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Staff):
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
- Continuous Improvement & Innovation
- Builds Relationships
- Develops Talent
- Strategic Mindset
- Accountability & Stewardship.
*NGO/Non-Profit jobs in Nigeria
*NGO/Non-Profit jobs in Bayelsa
*Project Officer – Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL) in Bayelsa
How to Apply for this Offer
Interested and Qualified Candidates should Click here to Apply online