Job title : Project Manager (Surveiliance Systems)
Job Location : Lagos
Deadline : February 15, 2024
Quick Recommended Links
An exciting opportunity exists for a dynamic and talented Project Manager to join a dynamic project team. The resource shall be responsible for:
- Candidate to oversee and manage end-to-end surveillance system installation projects, including project planning, coordination, risk management, and closure, ensuring timely delivery within budget and scope , while also identifying potential sales opportunities and nurturing client relationships.
- Candidate must be able to engage in effective interface management among clients, vendors, technical teams, and other project stakeholders, facilitating seamless communication and collaboration for successful project outcomes, and leverage these interactions to market services, attract new business, and strengthen client relationships for repeat business.
- Candidate will leverage expertise in security technologies and system design to guide the creation of surveillance systems that meet client needs and offer technical support and training to clients’ post-project completion. Also, engage in strategic business development by understanding and communicating customer needs to influence product development and enhancements
POSITION SUMMARY & KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- Engage with clients to understand their specific surveillance requirements and translate these into efficient project plans.
- Manage interfaces between various stakeholders, including clients, vendors, technical teams, and other project teams.
- Conduct comprehensive risk management to anticipate and mitigate project risks. Specifically, determine the likelihood of a security breach or incident occurring on surveillance systems Develop contingency plans as necessary.
- Coordinate with both internal teams and external vendors, facilitating communication and collaboration to ensure seamless progression of project plans.
- Implement and maintain project documentation, ensuring schedules, reports, and financial data are accurate and up-to-date.
- Apply established project management standards and methodologies, ensuring high-quality project delivery.
- Oversee the design and programming of surveillance systems; working with architects and engineers to test and develop security plans for new surveillance system projects, ensuring they align with client requirements and quality standards.
- Leverage expertise in security technologies (such as CCTV, Access Control, and Alarm Systems) to provide guidance and solve project-related issues.
- Manage the user interface of security systems to ensure usability and alignment with client needs.
- Provide necessary training and technical support to clients’ post-project completion.
- Monitor and manage potential project scope changes, identifying impacts and making necessary adjustments.
- Regularly evaluate project performance using appropriate systems, tools, and techniques. Initiate corrective actions when necessary.
- Participate in or lead efforts to improve and streamline internal processes for enhanced project delivery.
- Stay informed on the latest trends, tools, and technologies in the security and surveillance industry to ensure the company’s competitiveness.
- Managing projects that involve typical installation of surveillance systems design and programming using established standards as required.
- Provides detailed information to communicate design and operation to customers/clients.
- Working with architects and engineers to test and develop security plans for new surveillance system projects.
- Coordinating security staff schedules and activities with other team members involved in the project.
- Coordination of tasks to System Technicians, Electrical Installers and System Designers.
- Ensures that delegated tasks are done accurately, on time and within budget and scope of the contract.
- Attend meetings and briefings by customer.
- Effectively communicates the status of projects to Stakeholders as required and provides monthly forecasts of revenue, costs, and gross margin
EXPERIENCE, QUALIFICATIONS AND KEY SKILLS:
- Proven experience in managing and leading complex, end-to-end surveillance installation projects. Previous work with security technologies, including CCTV, Access Control, and Alarm Systems, is highly desirable.
- 5 years in Project Management and strong experience in working in a professional environment.
Strong skills in the following;
- Project management
- Risk management
- Stakeholder communication
- Proficiency in surveillance system design and programming is essential
- Good report writing and communication skills
- Familiarity with the latest trends and technologies in the security and surveillance industry; particularly with regards to protection of mass transit transport networks.
- Understanding of interface management principles and practices.
- Knowledge of project accounting, costing principles is preferred
- Contract management knowledge is a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field such as Information Technology, Computer Science, or Engineering (minimum 2:2)
- Certifications in project management, such as PMP or PRINCE2, are advantageous.
How to Apply for this Offer
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Resume (in PDF or Word format) to: firstname.lastname@example.org and copy to: email@example.com using the Job title as the subject of the mai
- Administrative / Management jobs
- Project Manager (Surveiliance Systems) jobs