Husk’s job vacancy, Career and Recruitment
Job title : Project Manager jobs in Abuja
Job Location : Abuja
Deadline : May 23, 2022
Quick Recommended Links
Husk Power Energy Systems Nigeria currently seeks a Project Manager to take up the challenge of resource planning and alignment to support the delivery of projects. He/she will be committed to execute at a high level within a start-up paced environment, and be able to ensure adherence to project timelines. This is a position responsible for organizing, and leading efforts to provide inputs on project planning for the Projects Team. Should have a track record of proven capabilities (communication, relationship building, employee relations, etc.) as well as relevant industry knowledge and project management expertise.
The individual should also be passionate about contributing to solutions for Nigerias energy access deficit. challenge. This position provides the opportunity to join a growing team that is changing the face of rural electrification in many countries in Asia and Africa, including India, Tanzania, Nigeria etc.
- Drive all Project Planning related activities for the Projects Team.
- Regularly interact with various high level internal and external stakeholders to ensure alignment with project delivery
- Work closely with the Head, Projects; Country Manager and COO to deliver on country business objectives.
- Support the optimization of various Husk NG activities to ensure best practices are entrenched towards more efficient processes.
- Support in driving ñBest Practicesî across the business. Once a ñBest Practiceî has been identified, ensure that the practice is visible nationally and to another subsidiary.
- Understand the priorities of the country operations and support the Country Team when necessary
- Provide requisite support and inputs on building and aligning various company processes and policies according to global best practices.
- Other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
- Develop project schedules, set timelines, assign resources to the schedule, and provide budget estimates and project timeline forecasts.
- Work with other members of the Projects Team and other units to prepare technical proposals, provide inputs to project design and scope of work, management plans, work sequence, safety, quality control and commissioning tasks
- Conduct post project reviews to identify areas for future improvement.
- Drive collaboration and synergy between relevant teams to ensure project delivery within scope, timeline and quality.
- Track project performance and alignment with allocated resources.
- Ensure project quality and safety assurance; and coordinate all quality & safety activities throughout project duration.
- Ensure consistency between the project QCD objectives and customer satisfaction.
- Attend and assist with safety meetings and orientation including TBT at project sites.
- Conduct scheduled and unannounced inspections for quality and safety.
- Review accident/incident investigation reports.
- Ensure corrective action is taken to avoid recurrence of issues raised.
- Coordinate, maintain regular communication, and develop positive and productive relationships with various stakeholders, regulatory stakeholders, customer/client groups etc.
- Own communication channels for engagements with all relevant stakeholders including the Support Functions Team HR/Finance/Procurement and external sub-contractors.
- Provide regular updates on projects progress against set targets; to all relevant stakeholders
Business Growth and Support
- Ensure support for other Business Units for alignment with Project Planning/Management tasks.
- Work with relevant Business Units to ensure relevant land lease documents, building permits, other land documentation for compliance purposes.
- Provide inputs for contractual engagements with external sub-contractors
Does this sound like you?
- 3-5 years of experience working as a Project Manager (Engineer) within the infrastructure sector; power (off grid) sector a plus.
- Relevant degree in Engineering, Project Management, Construction Management; PM certification in PMP or Prince 2 or other a plus
- Proficiency in MS Office and relevant PM tools
- Knowledge of design techniques and principle involved in the production of electrical plans and drawings; a plus
- Familiarity with renewable energy equipment, overhead distribution materials and specifications
- Experience reading and interpreting engineering drawings
- Experience with contract documents (drawings, subcontracts, specification sheets and commissioning documents)
- Independent and critical thinker
- Strong organizational skills, and attention to detail a must
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Fluency in English, both in written and oral communications
- Intelligence and eagerness to learn and transfer knowledge
Wed also like to see
- Flexibility and comfort working in a fast-paced, challenging environment
- An attribute of grit
- Compliance oriented, good interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication and time management
- Task prioritizing and excellent execution
- High level of attention to detail
- Great team play and stakeholder management skills
What Excites You
- A fast-paced environment where constant change is the norm and individual initiative-taking is encouraged
- Having autonomy to implement your creative solutions not just coming up with ideas, but possessing the commitment and skill to implement them
- Opportunity to grow and develop a passionate and committed team
- Passion for organization, details, and precision in all you do
How to Apply for this Offer
Interested and Qualified candidates should Click here to Apply online