Job title : Project Manager (Environmental Mainstreaming / Mitigation)
Job Location : Lagos
Deadline : November 24, 2023
Quick Recommended Links
- Environmental project manager is responsible for overseeing the planning, execution and management of project that have an environmental component. The Project manager will commonly work with a team of engineers, consultant and other professionals to ensure that their projects meet all relevant requirements.
- Environmental project managers may also be tasked with ensuring that their projects adhere to certain ethical standards or values. This might include things like ensuring that local communities are properly consulted about proposed projects or that workers on site are treated fairly and appropriately.
- This role has an area focus and ensures compliance with PRIDE procedures and guidelines within the area.
- The role contributes to the development of area strategies, which are translated into action plans and day-to-day tasks. The role provides technical support and guidance for protection operations.
The project manager has a wide range of responsibilities, which can include:
- Coordinating with the team, consultant or contractors to ensure that projects are completed on time and within budget
- Supervising the implementation of projects, including reviewing plans and inspecting work sites to ensure quality
- Reviewing proposals and bids from contractors, making recommendations for changes where necessary
- Estimating costs and scheduling project milestones to ensure work is completed on time
- Ensuring that all legal requirements are met during construction projects
- Reviewing and approving designs and plans for projects, ensuring they meet regulations
- Managing, developing, and overseeing projects that affect the environment, including land use planning and management,
- Managing the administration of contracts with HR.
- Coordinating with stakeholders to ensure that the needs of all parties are met
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- At least 5-7-year previous NGO or humanitarian work experience.
- Diploma, University Degree in Social sciences or related qualification in Social work
- Experience in environmental mainstreaming is an added advantage
- Good data collection/analysis and reporting skills
- Experience using online data collection software
- Familiar with computers, Outlook, Excel and MS Word, mobile surveys
- Experience in protection monitoring and reporting
- Honest, hardworking and independent.
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal. Fluency in Somali local languages appropriate to the target population.
How to Apply for this Offer
Interested and Qualified candidates should Click here to Apply Now
- NGO/Non-Profit jobs
- Project Manager (Environmental Mainstreaming / Mitigation) jobs