Job title : Project Finance Coordinator, WASH Systems Strengthening
Job Location : Abuja
Deadline : February 13, 2024
Quick Recommended Links
- The Finance Coordinator has overall management responsibility for the finance and accounting functions for aforementioned programme.
- The post holder will ensure that the programme has the appropriate financial infrastructure and systems in place to support the smooth project implementation.
- S/he will contribute to the development of the programme’s strategic and operational plans and be accountable for ensuring and monitoring delivery against the financial plans through targeted and comprehensive financial analytical review.
- S/he will be responsible for the day-to-day financial management of this grant ensuring effective utilisation of funds to achieve value for money while coordinating review of payment requests, floats, liquidations etc, financial planning/forecasting, and resource allocation in alignment to the approved budget.Key Responsibilities: Project Accounting, Cash flow Management and Risk Management:
- Lead the month- end closing process and ensure timely closure of the monthly books.
- Work with the finance team and prepare the project balance sheet reconciliations and internal reports.
- Responsible for day-to-day financial accounting of this grant ensuring effective utilisation of funds to achieve value for money.
- Coordinate review of project payment requests, floats, liquidations etc.
- Support the Country Finance Manager on project cash management including review of the sub-grant partners’ cash management and control system.
- Manage the project cash properly and ensure healthy cash inflows and out flows.
- Prevent and mitigate potential financial risks of the project. Employ the highest standards of openness, transparency and accountability to ensure good financial management in line with SHA’s zero-tolerance approach to fraud, bribery and corruption.
- Support in the development of an internal audit/ expenditure verification plan and lead the team on the project internal audit/expenditure verification process.
- Budget Preparation, Monitoring, Reviews and Reporting:
- Assist in the preparation and maintenance of the country program’s annual operating budget to ensure data is complete and maintained on a timely basis.
- Assist in the development and preparation of cost allocation processes for pooled costs that comply with donor regulations on allowable costs.
- Work with programme staff to manage the project budget or realignments, ensuring adequate coverage of country operating costs and the required direct and indirect costs.
- Prepare actual vs. budget results to ensure maximum utilization of budgeted amounts and to provide recommendations for realignments as required.
- Assist on the formulation of annual operating budgets and operating budget reforecasts, and review operating budgets of the allocated field sites. Identify any shortfalls in pooled costs budget coverage and suggest corrective measures.
- Monitor support cost spending and advise the Country Finance Manager if there is a deviation from the policy.
- Provide programme management and programme staff with monthly actual-to-budget analysis for project funds and facilitate reviews and discussion.
- Ensure donor financial reports are prepared as per the donor requirements and ensure donor regulations are adhered to for all aspects of the operation.
- Partnership Management, Team Management and Skill Sharing:
- Work with partnerships and technical staff to organise capacity and risk assessments for sub-grant partners.
- Work in collaboration with operations, finance and programme staff to manage sub-agreements.
- Liaise with partners for timely submission of accurate financial reports.
- Review financial reports submitted by partners and provide immediate feedback as necessary.
- Carry out follow up visits to relevant partners in order to develop a capacity building plan with specific action points.
- Conduct training for partner finance staff.
- Ensure that all partners submit their financial reports in a timely fashion and funds are transferred to partners without delay.
- Assist with financial monitoring and field visits to ensure that SHA requirements are being followed by partners.
- Ensure budgets and other operational policy and procedures are respected by partners.
- Support in the development and implementation of a training program for programme team to ensure staff development and minimise SHA’s exposure to risk.
- Support the development of a capacity building plan for programme finance staff to be capacitated to function effectively.
- Oversee training and technical support to the programme, operations and administrative staff for skills improvement in the areas of accounting, reporting and internal control.
- Manage programme finance staff activities and schedules to meet the financial reporting requirements and deadlines specified by the Global Head Office and the donor.
- Financial Reporting, Internal Controls & Audit management:
- Ensure that all policies and procedures follow SHA and donor policies, procedures, and requirements.
- Closely monitor all financial activities and keep the management advised of all situations which have the potential for a negative impact on internal controls or financial performance.
- Support the annual audit process.
- Develop field visit schedules and perform country internal controls assessments, and initiate actions necessary to correct internal control weaknesses.
- Maintain current knowledge of government requirements related to financial matters and ensure compliance with tax regulations and other legal requirements. Key Relationships:Internal: Country Finance Manager, Global Office Programme Finance Team, Programme, MEAL, Operations, Finance & Compliance and Security teams.
- External: Sub-grant partners finance teams Knowledge,
Experience and Other Requirements
Education and other qualifications:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Finance or related field. A master’s degree with a Finance concentration will be an added advantage.
- A recognized professional certificate in accounting such as ICAN, ACA, CIMA, CPA, or ACCA.
- ICT operation, and proficiency in MS Office.
- At least 6 years’ project finance coordination experience in an international development organisation/INGO/NGO or equivalent position.
- Extensive experience in working with computerized accounting systems and standard spreadsheet.
- Ability to carry out responsibilities independently with minimal support from within the program organisation.
- Experience coordinating and leading sub-grant partners and working with multiple partners.
- Experience in development of high standard financial reports.
- Experience working with culturally diverse teams.
- Financial Accounting
- Donor Reporting
- Expenditure Verification
- Project management
- Excellent leadership and coordination skills (and ability to coordinate several tasks at once and managing priorities)
- Effective communication, problem-solving solving and decision-making skills and diplomacy in communication
- Respect for cultural diversity and gender sensitivity
- Team leadership and mentoring
- Flexible work attitude, proactive and demonstrated creativity
- Communication, networking, facilitation and team work
- Organisational development
- Reporting and documentation
How to Apply for this Offer
Interested and Qualified candidates should Click here to Apply Now
- Accounting / Financial Services jobs
- Project Finance Coordinator, WASH Systems Strengthening jobs