Job title : Project Coordinator- Hershey
Job Location : Cross River
Deadline : November 23, 2023
Quick Recommended Links
TITLE: Project Coordinator
TEAM/PROGRAMME: Programme Operations LOCATION: Ikom, Cross River
GRADE: 3 CONTRACT LENGTH: 1 Year
Level 3: the post holder will have contact with children and/or young people either frequently (e.g. once a week or more) or intensively (e.g. four days in one month or more or overnight) because they work country programs; or are visiting country programs; or because they are responsible for implementing the police checking/vetting process staff.
Save the Children is implementing a 3 year project aimed at ensuring child protection through reduced child labor and increased accountability in the cocoa-growing communities in Cross River and Ondo States in Nigeria.
The Project Coordinator will support the implementation and coordination of the Cross River State project component of the project. He/She will work closely with the PM, project team, stakeholders, and management to ensure that activities are executed efficiently, meet objectives, and adhere to timelines and budgets. The project coordinator supports the PM in project planning, monitoring, and reporting, and facilitates effective communication and collaboration among team members.
SCOPE OF ROLE:
The Project coordinator is part of the implementation team The candidate ensures project’s implementation, monitoring, and evaluation of approved plans and budget to effectively contribute to the achievement of projects’ result and Save the Children strategic goals to address anticipated causes of child labour and Strengthened livelihoods capacity . His/her management of this response will ensure quality implementation in accordance with Save the Children’s policies and practices, Vision, Mission, and values.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
Programme Implementation and Monitoring
- Lead the coordination and implementation of Child Protection and Livelihood Activities across Cross River State in line with the design of the project and donor requirements.
- Establish, maintain and strengthen linkages with the key stakeholders of the project in order to manage and implement as per the project design.
- Coordinate community entry meetings for the project in the targeted Local Government Areas (LGAs) in Cross River State
- Monitor and ensure timely and quality reports are submitted as per the reporting requirements.
- Working closely with Project Manager, Supply Chain, Finance and MEAL to ensure quality program delivery, documentation and reporting of progress.
- Support in the preparation of project activity reports in compliance with internal requirements and any donor requests
- Ensure that activities are appropriately planned, that delays and constraints are documented, and solutions identified.
- Ensure programs are adequately resourced and oversee timely expenditure of approved budgets, ensuring appropriate spend and proper and effective use of program resources.
- Support the PM in ensuring that activities are delivered on time and variance is kept at minimal.
- Maintain and ensure the timely and accurate updating of project management tools and PRIME.
Operational Planning, Implementation and Reporting
- Program Coordinator will coordinate planning, development, implementation, monitoring, documentation and reporting in Cross River State.
- Effectively support the Child Protection Officers in developing weekly, monthly and annual plans, in line with Project design and Save the Children International planning guidelines.
- Program Coordinator will ensure compliance with the agreed work plans and that programme objectives and targets are being realized in line with the funding proposal.
- Maintain high standard of transparency and accountability in the course of project implementation while ensuring integrity and timeliness of activities implementation in meeting programme objectives, compliance with donors & Save the Children policies.
- Provision of regular operations and implementation updates on project progress and challenges to allow for timely interventions and corrective actions by management.
- Work closely with the Project Manager to prepare timely and high quality quarterly narrative and financial reports which are in accordance to the donor reporting schedule and formats.
- Coordinate and facilitate periodic follow ups and progress review meetings to address key performance issues from the reports.
Internal and External Engagements
- Work closely with the Project Manager in ensuring that the program experience is represented and given recognition at stakeholder meetings, workshops, donor, networks and any other engagements.
- Develop and maintain regular channels of communication with partners and key stakeholders at all levels (Community, LGEA and State).
- In liaison with Project Manager, Field Manager and Senior Child Protection Advisor provide guidance and support to projects officers, partners and stakeholders.
- Effectively support teams in MEAL aspects, which include assessments, baseline and evaluation studies, putting in place a functional Activity Tracking Table.
- Ensure that the projects quality bench marks are followed up.
- Collecting and managing complaints and feedback in close coordination with MEAL team and child protection team
- Ensure regular monitoring of projects results, documentation of projects case studies, lessons learnt, significant changes and best practices and coordinating learning and reflection meetings/sessions
- Ensure an effective programs/ projects monitoring and evaluation systems is in place.
- Monitor programs/ projects activities to ensure quality, timeliness and adherence to both Country Office and Save the Children policies and procedures.
- Liaise with Safeguarding focal points in conducting safeguarding risk assessment and develop a mitigation plan when needed and provide ongoing, age-appropriate verbal or written information on Save the Children’s Safeguarding Policy and Code of Conduct to all project stakeholders.
- Responsible for ensuring new staff, partners and volunteers undertake safeguarding induction and refresher training and strive to ensure that project delivery is carried out with the highest standards of Safe Programming.
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in Management, Development, Sociology, Economics or other relevant fields. Master’s degree preferred
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- 5+ years of relevant professional experience
- Strong training, facilitation, briefing and presentation skills
- Computer skills, i.e. Microsoft suite
- Previous working experience in fragile settings
- Previous working experience in improving the programme delivery with adequate quality
- Substantial experience and knowledge of effective budget monitoring
- Ability to analyze information, evaluate options and to think and plan strategically.
- Excellent interpersonal communication and presentation skills
- Fluency in written and spoken English and at least one major Nigerian Language
- Ability and willingness to travel frequently, live and work in difficult physical conditions
- Commitment to and understanding of Save the Children’s Vision, Mission, Values and Practices
- Fluent in local langiuages.
- Knowledge of current trends, activities and best practices in Nigeria .
- Previous experience in INGOs, UN etc.
How to Apply for this Offer
Interested and Qualified candidates should Click here to Apply Now
- NGO/Non-Profit jobs
- Project Coordinator- Hershey jobs