Search For Common GroundÛªs International’s Career and Recruitment Vacancy
Job title : Project Assistant – United in Security Project jobs in Adamawa
Job Location : Adamawa
Deadline : 15-Oct-21
Quick Recommended Links
Locations: Adamawa and Benue
Duration: 12 months with possibilities of extension, subject to budget availability and performance.
- Search for Common Ground is looking for 2 Project Assistants. Under the supervision of the projectsÛª Project Manager in Nigeria, the Project Assistant is responsible for supporting the implementation and monitoring of project activities assigned to her/him.
- The Project Assistant will be responsible for assisting the project manager in project-related activities, ensuring smooth operations of the project and consistency of project implementation in line with SearchÛªs and donor regulations.
- He/she shall ensure that the projectÛªs plans are in place and kept updated as per the projectÛªs overall objective.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Provide direction in the coordination and management of SearchÛªs activities in the related project State.
- Organize and participate in workshops, needs assessments, consultations, planning sessions, and provide technical inputs as necessary.
- Help identify the gaps and requirements in relation to the prevention of violent conflict.
- Develop relations with partners and work towards the enhancement of the project
- Support in the organization and implementation of activities; assistance in the design and delivery of training and other support activities.
- Contribute to effective communication and reporting on project activities in the field.
- Provide inputs for periodic technical reviews and manage changes in program direction and focus; project monitoring, evaluation, accountability & learning, etc.
- Conduct frequent supervision and monitoring visits to project areas and identify any issues needing attention related to implementation, compliance, and program quality standards.
- Work closely with the Search team for the implementation of learning and recommendations from external or internal reviews and feedback.
- Work with the project team to develop a detailed costed work plan at the start of the project and ensure monthly updates are made to the output databases.
- Ensure that beneficiaries have access to feedback mechanisms and that data is monitored and responses are given within appropriate periods.
- In consultation with the Project Manager, represent Search at meetings, seminars, coordination fora, and other events.
- Ensure good collaboration and working relationships with the government and other relevant partners.
- Create appropriate links, working procedures and information sharing with key stakeholders
- Ensure project reports are produced on time and to a high standard.
- Provide brief updates to the Project Manager and members as the case may be.
- Report any new developments, problems, and challenges encountered in implementation promptly.
- BachelorÛªs Degree in Peace Building, Development Studies or a related discipline
- At least 1-year experience of project implementation, including engagement with several actors ÛÒ governments, community, and religious leaders, civil society, governments, security organizations and specialist networks, etc.
Other Relevant Requirements:
- A good understanding of and North East and North Central Nigeria, particularly in terms of key political, social, security and economic issues
- Resident in the state of application, speaks local language and understands the terrain
- Excellent diplomacy and interpersonal skills and an ability to work in a non-partisan manner, appreciating gender, cultural and ethnic diversity
- Ability to work individually, but also with experience of working effectively as part of a team
- Ability to manage multiple tasks effectively with attention to detail and an orderly approach to tasks
- Strong analytical skills, including drafting reports and briefings
- Fluency in English.
- Must have a Û÷hands-onÛª, practical mentality, be self-driven, and very motivated.
*Project Assistant – United in Security Project jobs in Nigeria
*Administrative / Management jobs in Adamawa
How to Apply for this Offer
Interested and Qualified Candidates should Click here to apply online
*Administrative / Management jobs in Nigeria