Job title : Programme Policy Officer -Gender, NOC,
Job Location : Abuja
Deadline : February 22, 2024
Quick Recommended Links
- The Gender Officer (NOC) will lead the mainstreaming of gender across WFP activities and strengthen partnerships in support of implementation on of the Country Strategic Plan (CSP) and commitment to strengthen gender transformative programming.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
- Provide advice for the integration of gender in the design and implementation of CSP activities.
- Support and strengthen the undertaking and use of gender and age analyses, as standalone activities and integrated into all assessments/data collection.
- Provide technical guidance for gender-responsive monitoring.
- Provide advice for integrating gender into the design and implementation of CSP Activities, including in the areas of disaster preparedness, resilience
- Establish and strengthen strategic partnerships in support of gender equality and women’s empowerment outcomes, including with other UN entities, NGOs, local CSOs and the private sector.
- Actively participate in, and contribute to, the work of the inter-agency gender theme group in Nigeria.
- Assist HR in designing and delivering learning opportunities for WFP Nigeria employees, as well as partners (as applicable), to increase their abilities to integrate gender into their work/ functional areas
- Coordinate the work of the Country Office Gender Results Network.
- Support the CO Partnerships Office in the mobilization of resources for GEWE-related activities
- Contribute to the Country Office communication activities, including review of regular updates and briefing materials, as well as sharing of activities through the WFP Gender Community
- Manage annual completion of the online entries for the Gender and Age Marker Monitoring exercise.
- Prepare and/or deliver gender equality and inclusion training materials and trainings, adapted to the Nigeria country context to relevant audiences (WFP staff/WFP Cooperating Partners/Communities)
- Build strategic alliances with other key actors, internal and external to WFP, to advocate for gender transformative programming and collaborate on GEWE initiatives.
- Prepare timely and accurate reports on gender and inclusion activities occurring in WFP Nigeria
- Take the lead in organizing activities to mark International Women’s Day and the 16 Days of Activism against gender-based violence, as well as relevant events
- Perform other relevant duties as needed
OTHER SPECIFIC JOB REQUIREMENTS
Knowledge & Skills
- Knowledge of the GEWE-related mandates
- In-depth knowledge of gender in humanitarian and development settings, humanitarian issues and linkages with food security and nutrition.
- Ability to effectively communicate through multiple mediums (e.g. messaging, reporting, training)
- Ability to effectively engage with partners.
- Ability to produce funding proposals.
- Sound knowledge and skills in adult learning
- Team spirit and excellent interpersonal relations
- Flexibility to travel in challenging environments.
How to Apply for this Offer
Interested and Qualified candidates should Click here to Apply Now
- NGO/Non-Profit jobs
- Programme Policy Officer -Gender, NOC, jobs