Job title : Programme Officer (HACT)
Job Location : Bauchi
Deadline : June 05, 2023
Quick Recommended Links
The Programme Officer (HACT) reports to the Implementing Partnership Management Specialist or another supervisor as locally determined for close guidance and supervision. Level 1 is a professional entry-level and should therefore be normally used as a trainee level for acquiring organizational knowledge of rules, regulations, and processes to supplement academic and theoretical knowledge of the profession for upward mobility to higher responsibilities. Incumbents at this level are not expected to remain for an extended period of time in the post.
The Programme Officer (HACT) provides professional technical, operational, and administrative assistance throughout the programme cycle through the application of theoretical and technical skills in researching, collecting, analyzing, and presenting technical information to facilitate the integration of HACT plans in all programming activities and to ensure the application of HACT and related organizational rules, regulations and procedures in the CO.
Summary of key functions/accountabilities:
- Support to HACT planning during the programming process
- Support to implementation of HACT activities
- Review and use of HACT reports
- Networking and inter-agency partnership
- Innovation, knowledge management and capacity building
Support to HACT planning during the programming process
- Participate in discussions, collection, analysis, verification, and synthesis of HACT-related information/documentation to gain a good knowledge of HACT and programme planning and implementation.
- Participate in preparing HACT-related materials/documentation to ensure incorporation of HACT in the country programming process.
Support to implementation of HACT activities
- Serve as the reference person on HACT implementation in the office
- Participate in and assist with preparing and regularly updating CO micro assessment and assurance plans.
- Together with qualified/experienced CO colleagues, undertake spot checks of implementing partners to gain knowledge and experience.
- Provide technical and administrative support to external service providers in the execution of HACT activities to ensure timely and efficient delivery of results.
- Assist with maintaining records of relevant HACT-related documentation, including CO decisions related to HACT.
Review and use of HACT reports
- Assist with recording and updating of risk ratings of implementing partners in VISION through regular review of the Vendor Master and provision of information to relevant colleagues in the CO.
- Share with implementing partners and CO staff HACT-related reports, especially reports of assurance activities, to ensure adequate awareness and follow-up of identified issues.
- Participate in the review of micro-assessment reports of implementing partners to identify common weaknesses in financial and procurement management and propose capacity development actions that can be supported by UNICEF.
- Participate in reviewing assurance activity reports of implementing partners to identify issues that need follow-up and common weaknesses in financial and procurement management and propose capacity development actions that can be supported by UNICEF.
Networking and inter-agency partnership
- Exchange information and/or operational support to implementing partners, UN system partners and other stakeholders in the CO on the implementation of HACT to reinforce UN/CO harmonization and coordination.
- Build and sustain effective close working partnerships with government counterparts and national stakeholders by actively sharing HACT information and knowledge to facilitate/build their capacity to implement HACT.
- Participate in appropriate inter-agency meetings/events to facilitate and promote sharing of information, knowledge, experiences, and best practices.
- Interact regularly with other country offices and the regional office on HACT.
Innovation, knowledge management, and capacity building
- Identify, capture, synthesize, and share lessons learned from HACT and its implementation for integration into broader knowledge development planning and management efforts.
- Participate in the design, planning, and implementation of capacity development strategies/initiatives for implementing partners which can be supported by UNICEF through participation in the review of reports of micro assessments and assurance activities of significant and high-risk partners.
- Participate in designing and implementing capacity development strategies/initiatives for CO staff to ensure that staff has the knowledge and skills to fulfill their responsibilities related to HACT.
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have
- A university degree in one of the following fields is required: Development Studies, International Development, Business Administration, Financial Management, Economics, Auditing, Project/Programme Management, Accounting, or another relevant technical field. Further certification such as CPA, ACCA, CFA, and ICAN is desired but not essential.
- A minimum of one year of professional experience in one or more of the following areas is required: programme development/management, financial planning, and management, or another related area.
- Experience working in a developing country is considered as an asset.
- Relevant experience in a UN system agency or organization is considered as an asset.
How to Apply for this Offer
Interested and Qualified candidates should Click here to Apply Now
- NGO/Non-Profit jobs
- Programme Officer (HACT) jobs