2 weeks ago
Job title : Programme Officer – Communications jobs in Borno
Job Location : Borno
Deadline : March 24, 2023
Quick Recommended Links
- To raise the profile of Christian Aid’s Humanitarian and Sustainable Livelihood programme through effective content management and dissemination among key internal and external stakeholders.
- The role holder will also lead on the specific social and behaviour change needs within the humanitarian programme, through ensuring the integration of key SBCC elements such as formative research and participatory approaches, including message design and development to increase the participation of community members in the solutions.
- The role holder identifies and shares the best stories, and case studies that show how Christian Aid Nigeria and its partners are changing the lives of the poor and marginalized through its humanitarian programming.
- The role writes, edit, commissions a varied mix of content including case studies, interviews, blogs, photos, and films in line with CA’s communication guidelines and contributes to the implementation of the country programmes’ communication strategy
- Develop context-based social behavioural change communication (SBCC) key message that will bring some attitudinal change in some bad beliefs and culture
- Develop tools for knowledge attitude and practice for each community that we are working based on their context in relation to SBCC
- Advance evidencing of results, high-quality communication materials are produced and properly disseminated through the best channels
- Vibrant sharing of country programme results and learning with the wider organisation and external stakeholders
- A content plan is maintained to guide the use of existing communication content and ensure that future communication materials (case studies, reports, newsletters and films, etc) are developed in a timely and effective way for key country programme events.
- Effective and efficient administrative systems and procedures, including support in collating and compiling programme reports, in accordance with Christian Aid’s framework from a communications perspective.
- Contribute to documenting experiences, impact case studies, and preparing reports, presentations, briefs, and articles for publication. Work collaboratively with other project team members to ensure necessary program planning, development, development of learning events, policy papers, resource availability, and management activities function smoothly and efficiently
- Develop and adapt approaches to disseminate programme results and impact on communities, partners, government, and other development actors.
- Expected travel per annum Up to 75 days On call/unsocial hours YesSurge capacity for emergency responses No
- In order to respond to ever-changing demands within the environment, Christian Aid operates within an agile framework (both in the workforce and operational) that requires from all employees, a high level of responsiveness and adaptiveness to processes and structures making flexibility and a project-based working approach the norm.
- To sustain this system, managers may/will agree on further details of specific tasks and duties as part of the performance agreement.
- Any reasonable duty may be assigned that is consistent with the nature of the job and its level of responsibility, and employees may be required to change the focus of their role from time to time.
- The role works within the Strategic Communications team but domiciled in the Humanitarian and Sustainable Livelihoods team in Maiduguri.
- The role will be line managed by the Senior Programme Coordinator, Communications, working closely with them to ensure proper and adequate communication of projects activities in-line with CA Communication guidelines.
- The role holder leads on all media engagement for the country programme in the Northeast and will support all policy and advocacy efforts as regards the Humanitarian programme.
- The support provided by the role will include technical support to partners and staff to strengthen their capacity for strategic communications and SBCC.
NB: Recruitment for this role is subject to availability of funds.
- External: The role holder may have contact with partners (NGOs & CBOs), communities, government, and other development actors
- Internal: The role will work with all the workstreams within the country office. The role holder will also work closely with the global communications team.
- Make day-to-day decisions which ensure that all communication activities in the Humanitarian
- and livelihood projects are implemented in a very highly effective and efficient manner.
- The post holder is expected to work on complex issues in Communication and SBCC in general.
- Problems and issues, risks, and benefits may have implications across several project components.
- The post holder is required to develop new ways of doing things to better meet program
- goals requiring creative or analytical ability.
- Developing self and others:
- The extent to which the job holder is responsible for their own work, for influencing and/or directing the work of others, acting in an advisory/specialist capacity
- Take on different work when necessary to achieve a team or organizational goal.
- Actively consult with others to ensure you understand their needs or goals.
- Listen to and take on board fresh perspectives and views even if you initially disagree with them.
- Maintain ongoing relationships with individuals and contacts through networks, based on mutual rapport and respect.
- Make complex things simple for the benefit of others.
- Actively listen and question to check your understanding and draw out others when they are not expressing themselves clearly or seem to be holding back.
- Be sensitive to what others may be feeling, based on what they say, how they say it, and their non-verbal behavior, adapting your style and approach to fit.
- Address difficult issues when they arise, being honest and open.
- Implement ways to reduce the inefficient use of resources or pass the ideas on to someone who can make them happen.
- Estimate the resources needed to achieve your own work plans or objectives and deliver them most efficiently and cost-effectively.
- Set and communicate realistic timelines for achieving tasks, working out how best to adapt as priorities change or unforeseen circumstances arise.
- Prioritize, plan and monitor own work to meet own and team deliverables to agreed performance or quality standards.
- Acknowledge others’ priorities whilst being prepared to say no if there are genuine reasons why their needs cannot be met.
- Use logical processes and relevant tools and techniques to report on information or analyze options.
- Make timely and considered recommendations or decisions based on analysis of available data, information, and evidence.
- Evaluate your own work and actively address gaps in knowledge and skills, without prompting.
- Recognize how you react to feedback and manage reactions positively, acting on specific feedback from others.
- Share your knowledge where it will help others to be more effective.
- Provide instruction, constructive feedback, and guidance to others to help them learn.
Strive for improvement:
- Constructively challenge existing practice.
- Seek better ways of doing things, taking into account the possible implications.
- Make positive suggestions on a way forward when faced with challenges even if these fall outside your own scope of work.
- Look inside and outside Christian Aid for new ideas and evaluate them for your own work.
Role related checks:
- Child protection clearance Standard Counter terrorism screening Required
Applied Skills / Knowledge and Expertise
- Education to Degree level or equivalent in Mass Communication, Social Science, or its equivalent
- Good editorial skills, high proficiency in written/spoken English, and ability to translate complexities into material that is compelling, jargon-free, and accessible
- Significant working experience in a similar position with an INGO
- Excellent time and project management skills, coupled with a high level of multi-tasking and situational awareness
- Basic understanding of document and database management
- Proficient with all MS applications- Intermediate to advance level
- Substantial knowledge of supporting programmes and programme staff in international and national agencies
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Familiarity in working with faith-based institutions in Nigeria
- Postgraduate qualification or equivalent in journalism and communication
- Experience with working with a project management software
Digital/IT competencies required
- Word, Excel, PowerPoint: Intermediate
- Internet based collaboration tools and video calling: Advanced
- Data Visualisation: Advanced
- Web content design & development: Advanced
- Social Media: Advanced
How to Apply for this Offer
Interested and Qualified candidates should Click here to Apply Now
- Media / Advertising / Branding jobs
- Programme Officer – Communications jobs
- Salary Offer: *********
Email Me Jobs Like These
Showing 1–0 of 0 jobs