Christian Aid’s job vacancy, Career and Recruitment
Job title : Programme Officer – Communication jobs in Borno
Job Location : Borno
Deadline : May 23, 2022
Quick Recommended Links
- To raise the profile of Christian Aids Humanitarian and Sustainable Livelihood programme through effective content management and dissemination among key internal and external stakeholders.
- The role holder will also lead on the specific social and behaviour change needs within the humanitarian programme, through ensuring the integration of key SBCC elements such as formative research and participatory approaches, including message design and development to increase the participation of community members in the solutions.
- The role holder identifies and shares the best stories, and case studies that show how Christian Aid Nigeria and its partners are changing the lives of the poor and marginalized through its humanitarian programming.
- The role writes, edit, commissions a varied mix of content including case studies, interviews, blogs, photos, and films in line with CAs communication guidelines and contributes to the implementation of the country programmes communication strategy
- Develop context base social behavioural change communication (SBCC) key message that will bring some attitudinal change in some bad beliefs and culture
- Develop tools for knowledge attitude and practice for each community that we are working based on their context in relation to SBCC
- Advance evidencing of results, high-quality communication materials are produced and properly disseminated through the best channels
- Vibrant sharing of country programme results and learning with the wider organisation and external stakeholders
- A content plan is maintained to guide the use of existing communication content and ensure that future communication materials (case studies, reports, newsletters and films, etc) are developed in a timely and effective way for key country programme events.
- Effective and efficient administrative systems and procedures, including support in collating and compiling programme reports, in accordance with Christian Aids framework from a communications perspective.
- Contribute to documenting experiences, impact case studies, and preparing reports, presentations, briefs, and articles for publication.
- Work collaboratively with other project team members to ensure necessary program planning, development, development of learning events, policy papers, resource availability, and management activities function smoothly and efficiently
- Develop and adapt approaches to disseminate programme results and impact on communities, partners, government, and other development actors.
- The role works within the Strategic Communications team but domiciled in the Humanitarian and Sustainable Livelihoods team in Maiduguri.
- The role will be line managed by the Senior Programme Coordinator, Communications, working closely with them to ensure proper and adequate communication of projects activities in-line with CA Communication guidelines.
- The role holder leads on all media engagement for the country programme in the Northeast and will support all policy and advocacy efforts as regards the Humanitarian programme.
- The support provided by the role will include technical support to partners and staff to strengthen their capacity for strategic communications and SBCC.
- Education to Degree level or equivalent in Mass Communication, Social Science, or its equivalent
- Good editorial skills, high proficiency in written/spoken English, and ability to translate complexities into material that is compelling, jargon-free, and accessible
- Significant working experience in a similar position with an INGO
- Excellent time and project management skills, coupled with a high level of multi-tasking and situational awareness
- Basic understanding of document and database management
- Proficient with all MS applications- Intermediate to advance level
- Substantial knowledge of supporting programmes and programme staff in international and national agencies
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Familiarity in working with faith-based institutions in Nigeria
- Postgraduate qualification or equivalent in journalism and communication
- Experience with working with a project management software
Digital / IT Competencies Required:
- Word, Excel, PowerPoint – Intermediate
- Web content design & development – Advanced
- Internet based collaboration tools and video calling – Advanced
- Social Media – Advanced
- Data Visualisation – Advance
How to Apply for this Offer
Interested and Qualified candidates should Click here to Apply online