Job title : Programme CBI Officer
Job Location : Abuja
Deadline : November 28, 2023
Quick Recommended Links
The Programme CBI Officer is an active member of the bureau/field operation/division and manages and oversees the UNHCR cash assistance. The incumbent is responsible to ensure that CBI is compliant with the CBI policy, technical guidance and administrative instructions on CBI, in collaboration with the relevant multi-functional team (MFT) members. S/he will ensure the strategic and coherent use of CBI in UNHCR and monitor it adequately. S/he will ensure adequate coordination of all CBIs in line with the collaborative cash delivery principles and provide technical guidance on CBIs to UNHCR staff.
Internally the Programme CBI Officer will liaise with UNHCR country offices and/or Bureaux and/or HQ. Externally, s/he will liaise with Implementing and Operational Partners, National Governments, line ministries, UN agencies, members of Cash Working Group, donors and other stakeholders.
The incumbent is expected to work in line with the multi-functional team (MFT), ensuring the participation of relevant stakeholders in all phases of the Program Management Cycle.
All UNHCR staff members are accountable to perform their duties as reflected in their job description. They do so within their delegated authorities, in line with the regulatory framework of UNHCR which includes the UN Charter, UN Staff Regulations and Rules, UNHCR Policies and Administrative Instructions as well as relevant accountability frameworks. In addition, staff members are required to discharge their responsibilities in a manner consistent with the core, functional, cross-functional and managerial competencies and UNHCR’s core values of professionalism, integrity and respect for diversity.
- Promote cash assistance, and the strategic and coherent use of CBI, ensuring that CBI is maximised to meet protection needs, in assistance and service provision throughout the displacement cycle, including in emergencies.
- Promote and ensure linkages with social protection and financial inclusion.
- Provide technical support on strategic planning and policy making on activities within the area of CBIs, including assessments, planning and budgeting, technical choices, legal and regulatory aspects, implementation modalities, coordination and monitoring.
- Support to ensure that CBI is fully, effectively integrated into the country operations plan and protection and solutions strategies.
- Support and collaborate with protection and sectors to increase the use of CBI in e.g. protection, education, shelter, livelihoods, health and WASH programmes.
- Establish sound monitoring process for cash assistance. Analyse trends and interventions, including CBI expenditure, upstream and downstream activities. Ensure post distribution monitoring (PDM) is conducted regularly and in line with the relevant guidance.
- Ensure fluid communication and information exchange with key stakeholders internally and externally, and participate in relevant coordination and collaboration structures.
- Represent UNHCR in inter-agency coordination mechanisms and fora, promote and maintain collaborative cash arrangements and strong relations with partners and other key actors.
- Generate data and analysis for evidence-base, communication, and visibility.
- Organise and/or support CBI-related learning and capacity building, including organising trainings and learning events.
- Fulfil CBI-related reporting requirements.
- Support the use of UNHCR CashAssist.
- Support the identification and management of risks and seek to seize opportunities impacting objectives in the area of responsibility. Ensure decision making in risk based in the functional area of work. Raise risks, issues and concerns to a supervisor or to relevant functional colleague(s).
- Perform other related duties as required.
In Country Operations:
- In close collaboration with the Senior Management and under their leadership, ensure the functioning of the CBI component of the Multi-Functional Team (MFT).
- Ensure CBI is implemented according to UNHCR’s policies, rules and processes.
- Ensure CBI is included in the preparedness and response planning, and prepare UNHCR to be the first responder to new emergencies/ and return situations with CBI.
- Conduct required assessments to ensure optimal CBI design.
- In collaboration with Finance, establish CBI Standard operating procedures (SOPs) for the operation, and coordinate the review with RB and final clearance with HQ. Support partners in developing SOPs.
- Coordinate the implementation of CBI in accordance with the SOP, ensuring audit trail and proper accountability.
- Coordinate with Supply for timely procurement of financial service providers, including the technical evaluations and any other procurement related issues, as well as contracting of financial service providers.
In Regional Bureaux:
- Ensure the coordination of CBI across the Regional Bureau and the country operations.
- Provide technical support to country operations in all aspects of CBI across the programme cycle, in line with UNHCR’s guidance and policy.
- Review and provide inputs for CBI Standard operating procedures (SOPs) for the operations and coordinate the review and final clearance with HQ.
- Review and provide inputs on issues and documents relating to procurement and contracting of financial service providers, including participation in technical evaluations as required.
- Contribute to and generate guidance, policies, tools, and evidence-base on the use of CBI, including policy documents, technical guidance, evaluation, lessons learnt, communication and visibility materials, reports, and synthesis.
- Provide technical support for the rollout and the implementation of CBI to regional bureaux and operations.
- Contribute to CBI-related knowledge management, training, and learning.
- Contribute to the clearance of Standard Operating Procedures with DFAM, review CBI procurement-related documents with SMS, review CBI-related contracts with Financial Service Providers with LAS, and collaborate with other divisions as required.
Years of Experience / Degree Level
- For P3/NOC – 6 years relevant experience with Undergraduate degree; or 5 years relevant experience with Graduate degree; or 4 years relevant experience with Doctorate degree
Field(s) of Education
- Economics; Social Science; Political Science ;
- Business Administration; Social Economics or other relevant field
- Certificates and/or Licenses
- Programme Management; HCR Results Based Management;
How to Apply for this Offer
Interested and Qualified candidates should Click here to Apply Now
- NGO/Non-Profit jobs
- Programme CBI Officer jobs