1 week ago
Job title : Procurement and Admin Coordinator jobs in Abuja
Job Location : Abuja
Deadline : April 13, 2023
Quick Recommended Links
- The Procurement and Admin Coordinator position is responsible for the procurement and administrative coordination of the Heifer Nigeria office.
- This position is responsible for providing oversight of all procurement and administrative activities of the office, including travels, events, insurance, logistics, facility management and fleet management.
- This position will ensure that policies and procedures in all the areas are in place and followed, for the smooth running of the office.
- This position will be both external and internal facing, thus excellent customer service is essential to success.
- This position requires a high degree of discernment for complex decision making, to ensure both compliance and operational efficiency.
- The Procurement and Admin Coordinator will report to the Country Director Nigeria.
ESSENTIAL CHARACTER TRAITS:
Customer focus, ability to analyze and assess, ability to solve problems and make good decisions, planning and organizing.
Responsibilities and Deliverables
- Prepare and plan for the purchase of equipment, services and supplies
- Follow and enforce organizational procurement policies and procedures.
- Review, compare, analyze products and services to be purchased.
- Coordinate the work of the regional procurement committee and associated documentation.
- Ensure that all procured items are of high quality and fit for purpose.
- Manage inventories and maintain accurate purchase and pricing records.
- Maintain and update supplier information such as qualifications and product ranges.
- Maintain good supplier relations and assist with contracting.
- Research and evaluate prospective suppliers.
Office Administration and Operations
- Provide support on various administrative issues to ensure efficient and effective running on day-to-day operations.
- Ensure seamless organization/ execution of office operation procedures.
- Ensure excellent interface and support to visitors.
- Manage off-line correspondences and ensure accurate information is communicated to the proper persons.
- Design filing system that supports the seamless operation of the office, including record retention, disposal and retrieval.
- Actively participate in the planning and execution of regional/ organizational events.
- Identify opportunities for process and office management improvements and implement new systems.
- Ensure maintenance of a robust and updated asset management register.
- Ensure all required utilities are provided timely and there are no service disruptions.
- Manage office supplies and ensure efficient usage.
- Ensure that assets of the organization are properly insured.
- Ensure the provision of logistics support to the office when required.
- Efficient management of the fleet of the Regional Office.
- Process payment (invoices) for all procured items.
- Monitor and record all expenses, as appropriate.
- Prepare expense reports as required.
- Efficiently manage the administrative budget.
- Manage office petty cash (if any)
- Bachelor’s degree from a recognized university or equivalent in Social Sciences or Business Administration.
- Plus 7 years’ experience managing complex office/administrative operations and procurement.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Procurement and Project Management certification
Most Critical Proficiencies
- Proven procurement experience
- Proven office management and administrative experience
- Strong negotiation skills
- Strong writing and editing skills
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work
- Problem-solving skills
- Experienced in inventory control and supply chain management
- Project management skills
- Excellent organizational skills including strong attention to detail
- Must be a self-starter and driven
Essential Job Functions and Physical Demands
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work cooperatively and tactfully with a diverse group of people.
- May require constant sitting and moving, working at a computer for extended periods of time, as well as occasional bending and lifting.
- Outstanding English writing skills and oral communication skills are essential.
- Knowledge of clerical practices and procedures.
- Knowledge of business and management principles.
- Ability to work with sensitive information and maintain confidentiality.
- Eligible to work in Nigeria.
How to Apply for this Offer
Interested and Qualified candidates should Click here to Apply Now
- Administrative / Management jobs
- Procurement and Admin Coordinator jobs
- Salary Offer: *********