African Union’s job vacancy, Career and Recruitment
Job title : Principal Travel Officer, AfCFTA jobs in Not specified
Job Location : Not specified
Deadline : May 23, 2022
Quick Recommended Links
Purpose of Job
- Provide support and performs the operation of the to ensure delivery of results within proposed budget and timeframe.
- Provide technical and intellectual support in the management of various partnerships relevant for the division and directorate;
- Identify best practices and monitor effectiveness of the division/directorates support to AU;
- Contribute to the development of the departmental strategies and business continuity plan and participate in/ensure their implementation;
- Involve in negotiations;
- Foster and ensure implementation of large-scale and long-term initiatives related to strategic partnerships;
- Support the organization of thematic networks, consultations and meetings on development cooperation and international relations;
- Develop training materials and provide necessary training and support to Organization Units;
- Provide technical resource allocation and policy guidance on matters relating to system and projects implementation.
- Responsible for business travel for staff on mission, recruited or separating leaving the AfCFTA, and contracts air travel, hotel reservations, procurement of goods and services and shipping operations.
- Manage ground transportation for airport transfers.
- Ensure the smooth functioning of the official travel for organ staff during missions, assumption of duty and end of service;
- Oversee corporate agreements with airlines, corporate Travel Card services; and hotel and restaurant reservations
- Update the SAP Travel system with details of the travel policy and airfares and hotel rates as negotiated with airlines and major hotel chains.
- Negotiate preferential corporate air fares with air lines represented in the host country and all locations
- Negotiate partnership agreements for corporate airfares with airlines
- Prepare and ensure signing of the contracts; input the negotiated tariffs in Amadeus and ensure their proper application and utilization by the AfCFTA directoratesorgans;
- Prepare periodic statistics reports (monthly, quarterly, and annual); calculate savings made in relation to the tariff ceilings authorized under the travel policy. – prepare requests for waivers and analyze the costs of exceptions granted by Managers with regard to travel
- Analyze travel data and statistics
- Develops proposals on revisions to Corporate Procurement and Travel policies and procedures; develops and recommends strategy for the effective implementation of procurement policies and reforms.
- Liaise with Partners on matters of mutual interest and best practices in Supply Chain
- Manages, supervises and carries out the work plan of the Unit.
- Serves as principal advisor to senior officials; provides authoritative technical and policy advice on all aspects of procurement, travel, Grants and Contract Management; develops and disseminates best practices
- Directs and manages planning, solicitation, negotiation, and, if necessary, termination of contractual and procurement action.
- Provide advice to Management on all matters relating to Procurement
- Analyses and evaluates procurement requests and ensures appropriateness of technical specifications in accordance with related established Financial Regulations and Rules, the Procurement Manual.
- Act as Secretary to Internal Procurement Committee and Tender Board.
- Coordinates the preparation of Departmental Procurement Plans and consolidation of the Annual Procurement Plan of the AfCFTA SecretariatCommission;.
- Negotiates complex Procurement Contracts and reasonable rates with Travel Service Providers.
- Reviews and evaluate the performance of vendors and contractors with an aim to achieve probity, accountability and proper performance of obligations by both parties.
Academic Requirements and Relevant Experience
- Masters Degree in Management, Transportation, Logistics, Procurement, Supply Chain, Law, Commerce, Business Administration, Public Administration or other related fields with 8 years relevant experience in travel management and procurement of which 3 years should be at a supervisory level
- Bachelor Degree in Management, Transportation, Logistics, Procurement, Supply Chain, Law, Commerce, Business Administration, Public Administration or other related fields with twelve (12) years of relevant work experience in travel management and procurement of which six (6) years should be at managerial level and three (3) years at supervisory level within an international, regional or national organization.
- Experience in web-based management / ERP system, such as SAP.
- Experience in management of air travels in a national or international organization.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Sound planning and organizational skills
- Ability to negotiate diplomatically
- Ability to delegate the appropriate responsibility, accountability and decision-making authority with regard to performance management and professional development
- Proficiency in one of the AU official working languages (French, English, Portuguese, Arabic) and fluency in another AU language(s) is an added advantage
- Strategic Insight
- Developing Others
- Change Management
- Managing Risk
- Building Partnerships
- Foster Accountability Culture
- Learning Orientation
- Communicating with Influence:
- Conceptual Thinking
- Job Knowledge and information sharing:
- Drive for Results
- Continuous Improvement Orientation:
Tenure of Appointment:
- The appointment will be made on a regular term contract for a period of three (3) years, of which the first twelve months shall be considered as a probationary period. Thereafter, the contract will be for a period of two years renewable, subject to satisfactory performance and deliverables.
- The AU Commission is an equal opportunity employer and qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Proficiency in one of the AU working languages (Arabic, English, French, Portuguese, and Spanish) and fluency in another AU language is an added advantage.
- Indicative basic salary of US$ 42,879.00 (P4 Step1) per annum plus other related entitlements e.g. Post adjustment (57% of basic salary), Housing allowance US$ 24,561.84 (per annum), and education allowance (100% of tuition and other education-related expenses for every eligible dependent up to a maximum of US$ 10,000.00 per child per annum), for internationally recruited staff and a maximum of $3,300 per child per annum for locally recruited staff.
How to Apply for this Offer
Interested and Qualified candidates should Click here to Apply online