Job title : Primary English Curriculum Lead
Job Location : Lagos
Deadline : December 17, 2023
Quick Recommended Links
About the role:
We are looking for an experienced curriculum designer to join our Academics team at Rising Academies. The Primary English Curriculum Lead will lead on updating our English Primary Curriculum across the schools that we work in to ensure all students leave Primary school with strong foundational literacy skills. The ideal candidate will have excellent knowledge of what an outstanding English Curriculum should look like for students at primary level and, working in the context of the countries we operate in, will develop a curriculum that drives towards speaking, listening, reading, and writing outcomes for students across the network.
The Primary Math Curriculum Lead will:
- Execute Rising’s curriculum strategy in line with achieving our organisational mission.
- Develop the vision for our English Curriculum at primary level for Rising Academy Network.
- Design a six year, knowledge-rich curriculum map for English at primary level that results in consistent, high quality, and relevant lessons for our school partners.
- Create effective assessments that track progress against suitable curriculum benchmarks.
- Ensure the curriculum map is aligned with relevant national standards.
- Manage a team of English Curriculum writers to develop detailed lesson guides.
- Ensure the quality of math content developed across the curriculum is the applicable level for each grade.
- Ensure that Rising’s commitment to safeguarding is reflected in our curriculum.
Location and reporting:
This is a full-time position. There is a preference for the role to be based in one of our operating countries, however it could also be a remote position. This role will report to Rising’s Head of Curriculum.
The anticipated start date for this role is January 2024. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. We encourage interested candidates to apply as soon as possible.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field.
- 5+ years of professional experience in teaching and/or curriculum / content creation.
- Experience developing English Curriculum at primary level, preferably in multicultural settings.
- Expertise in developing and implementing assessment tools to measure student performance and curriculum effectiveness in English.
- Expertise in early literacy including Science of Reading and Scarborough’s Reading Rope
- Fully comfortable with Google workspace applications and easy to adapt to new systems easily.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to convey complex literacy based concepts to diverse audiences.
- Experience managing a team to deliver results.
- You are a forward-thinking education professional with the ability to envision and design a primary English Curriculum.
- You have a strong understanding of current curriculum standards, teaching strategies, and assessment tools across Ghana, Liberia, Sierra Leone, and/or Rwanda.
- Your exceptional communication skills and your vision for an English Curriculum enable you to articulate concepts clearly and concisely, fostering understanding among diverse audiences.
- You enjoy being part of a team working together to ensure outstanding outcomes for students across multiple countries in Africa.
- You take initiative and problem-solve when challenges arise.
- You are willing to take risks, fail, learn, give and receive feedback, and try new approaches.
- You take an interest in English and literacy based initiatives at a global and local level, staying up to date with the latest educational research, enriching the curriculum with up-to-date and country specific insights.
- You are passionate about improving the quality of education across Africa.
How to Apply for this Offer
Interested and Qualified candidates should Click here to Apply Now
- Education / Teaching Jobs jobs
- Primary English Curriculum Lead jobs