Federal Polytechnic, Damaturu’s job vacancy, Career and Recruitment
Job title : Polytechnic Librarian
Job Location : Yobe
Deadline : March 22, 2023
Quick Recommended Links
- The Polytechnic Librarian is the Chief Library Officer and shall be responsible to the Rector for the administration of the Polytechnic Library and the co-ordination of the Library services in the teaching units of the Polytechnic.
- He/She is one of the Principal Officers of the Polytechnic.
- In addition to proven experience in Library Management and Leadership, the successful candidate must have a demonstration passion for academic endeavours and must also he credible.
Academic Qualifications and Qualities
The candidate for the post must possess the following qualifications and qualities:
- A Master’s Degree from a recognized institution in Library Science or Library and Information Science. A Doctorate Degree (Ph.D) will be an added advantage;
- Have a minimum of Second Class Lover Degree or a minimum of Lower Credit for Higher National Diploma [HND] in Library Science or Library and Information Science from a recognized Institution;
- A minimum of 23 year’s Teaching Experience with HND or its equivalent or a minimum of 20 years with M.Sc. or its equivalent or a minimum of 17 years with Ph.D Teaching Experience in Tertiary Institutions, at least eight (8) years of which must have been gained in a Polytechnic or similar TVET Institution
- Be currently on the rank of Chief Librarian from the Polytechnic sector or Similar Tertiary Institutions; v. Not more than fifty nine  years of age.
- Demonstrate evidence of strong academic and administrative leadership, initiative and creativity in library policy formulation, good human relation and positive managerial attributes;
- Provide evidence of membership of professional body/bodies in Library recognized by Federal Government;
- Provide evidence of scholarly publications in reputable journals as well as presentation of invited papers at educational/library conferences, seminars and workshops
- Be a person who is not likely to pursue, racial, gender, political, religious or other sectional interests;
- Be morally sound, of impeccable character, proven integrity and free from financial embarrassment;
- Be physically and mentally fit [with evidence from a Government hospital]; and
- Be proficient in Information & Communication Technology (ITC).
Terms of Appointment and Condition of Service
- The appointment is for a single tenure of five  years in line with extant provisions.
- The salary is consolidated and the appointee shall enjoy any other benefits attached to the position of Principal Officers of the Polytechnic as approved by the Federal Government.
How to Apply for this Offer
Interested and qualified candidates should submit twenty (20) typed written copies of their Application Letter, Curriculum Vitae and attached photocopies of all relevant documents to their application, giving the details in the following order:
- Full Names (Sumame first and underlined).
- Date and place of birth.
- State of Origin and Local Government Area.
- Nationality and how acquired.
- Marital status.
- Number and ages of Children.
- Current Postal Address including telephone number and email address.
- Educational Institutions attended with dates.
- Academic and Professional qualifications obtained with dates.
- Membership of Professional Bodies / Association.
- Honours and Distinctions (if any).
- Academic / Scholarly publications.
- Conferences attended and papers presented with dates.
- Previous Employer(s) and Post(s) held with dates.
- Present Employer to include status, duties and any other relevant experience.
- Statement of own vision for the Polytechnic (20 copies).
- Other activities outside current employment.
- Names and addresses of three  Referees (Employer, Educational and Personal) who should be able to attest to the candidates’ claim to high academic and managerial capabilities as well as to the candidate’s notable uprightness.
Applications are to be addressed and submitted in a sealed envelope marked “Application for the Post of the Rector” at the top left hand corner to:
P.M.B 1006, Damaturu,
- Applicants will be required to produce originals of their certificates and other relevant credentials’ if invited for interview, photocopies will not be accepted.
- Previous holders of the positions in any tertiary institution need not to apply.
- Applicants should request their referees to forward confidential Reports on them, directly to the Registrar, Federal Polytechnic, Damaturu.
* Polytechnic Librarian jobs
*Jobs in Yobe
*Administrative / Management jobs
- Salary Offer: *********