Job title : Plant Operator
Job Location : Oyo
Deadline : February 20, 2024
Quick Recommended Links
- Through the AATF Special Initiative for STrengthening Cassava Agro-Processing and Digital Solutions (ASIST-APOD), AATF has acquired a new Cassava processing technology for processing high quality cassava flour without peeling the roots. The Machine will be installed in Fasola, Oyo State-Nigeria.
- This initiative presents a novel model that seeks to utilize digital tools to enhance access to mechanization services and improved agronomy, then establish a centralized cassava processing facility that will be accessible to village-based processors who would otherwise not be able to afford modern cassava processing equipment. Accessing this service will enable them to diversify their products, hence creating more value for the tubers.
- Reporting to the Plant Manager, the Plant Operator is responsible for managing the plant goods-in and goods-out operations, cassava processing and storage operation as well as assuring HSEQ compliance and inventory protection with respect to the plant and site.
- To control the storage and movement of all cassava; raw, processed and treated, according to AATF plant guidelines.
- Ensure the processing, treatment, packaging and storage of cassava is performed according to AATFQA/QC parameters.
- Ensure the processing plant is effectively cleaned and maintained to prevent any quality issues occurring.
- Carry out routine maintenance of the Processing plant including but not limited to greasing movable parts and other maintenance procedures as per the manufacturers specifications.
- Ensure all inventory movement is fully documented according to AATF policies and systems.
- Ensure customer orders are fulfilled and dispatched in a timely manner and are accompanied by the required documentation.
- Liaise with transporters to ensure cost effective movement of inventory/cassava.
- Ensure the security of the inventory and make sure it’s free from any pests and vermin.
- Supervise and train plant workers on Health, Environmental, Safety and Quality (HSEQ) policies, warehouse operations and seed storage procedures.
- Carryout activities in the warehouse according to agreed HSEQ procedures. Assist in the liaison with cassava Certification Agents and regulatory authorities.
- Destroy and dispose of all written off cassava as approved.
- Report any nonconformities to the Plant Manager.
- Assist with inventory management and control, using agreed systems and processes and support the Finance department in monthly stock taking. Suggest improvements to plant & HSEQ procedures and policies to ensure best use of resources and achieve improved efficiency and safety.
Qualifications and Experience
- Diploma level education in Mechanical engineering Supervisory skills
- Certification in Health, Environmental, Safety and Quality (HSEQ) Computer literacy
- Driving License will be an added advantage.
- A customer focused individual committed to building a reputation for trust and reliability.
- A highly proficient level of written/ spoken English.
- Performance and results driven attitude.
- Willing to work flexibly with respect to starting and finishing times. Ability to work with minimal supervision,
- Although the title is Operator, the job is very “hands on” and involves personal engagement and interaction with all facets of the job.
How to Apply for this Offer
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org and clearly indicate on the email subject Plant Operator.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Engineering / Technical jobs
- Plant Operator jobs