Job title : Pharmacist
Job Location : Abuja
Deadline : December 17, 2023
Quick Recommended Links
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
- The Pharmacist is responsible for dispensing drugs prescribed by Medical Officers, Consultants and other health professionals and provide information to patients about medications and their use.
- As a pharmacist you are responsible for procurement, quality testing, storing and security of all drugs, injections and other medical supplies at Cedarcrest.
- You are also responsible for ensuring there is an adequate supply of medicine.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
- Review prescriptions from Medical Officers to ensure accuracy, to ascertain the needed ingredients, and to evaluate their suitability for the patients.
- Prepares medications by reviewing and interpreting Medical Officers’ orders and detecting therapeutic incompatibilities.
- Gives pharmacological information to multidisciplinary health care team, and monitoring patient drug therapies.
- Controls medications by monitoring drug therapies; advising interventions.
- Dispenses medications by compounding, packaging, and labeling pharmaceuticals.
- Provide information and advice about drugs, their side effects, correct dosage, and proper storage.
- Provides pharmacological information by answering questions and requests of health care professionals and counseling patients on drug therapies.
- Completes pharmacy operational requirements by organizing and directing workflow, verifying the preparation and labeling of pharmaceuticals, and verifying order entries, charges, and inspections.
- Keep records of drugs and medical supplies on Medicplus.
- Plan, implement or maintain procedures for mixing, packaging or labeling pharmaceuticals, according to policy and legal requirements, to ensure quality, security and proper disposal.
- Work with other health care professionals to plan, monitor, and review/evaluate the quality or effectiveness of drugs.
- Order and purchase pharmaceutical supplies, medical supplies, or drugs.
- Assess the identity, strength or purity of medications.
- Advise customers on the selection of medication brands, medical equipment, or healthcare supplies.
- Analyze prescribing trends to monitor patient compliance and to prevent excessive usage or harmful interactions.
- Records patients’ history relating to medicinal use on Medicplus.
- Ensures the safe and secure storage of all medicines and hospital supplies.
- Maintains records for controlled substances and removes outdated and damaged drugs from the pharmacy inventory.
- Complies with all NAFDAC legislations
- Stay updated on pharmacy regulations, treatments and development.
- Supervises the work results of support personnel.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Maintains current registration, studies existing and new legislation anticipates legislation and advises management on needed actions.
- Protects patients and technicians by adhering to infection-control protocols.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Perform any other task that may be assigned.
- This role reports to the Head of Pharmacy.
EDUCATION, CERTIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Doctor of Pharmacy degree from an accredited college of pharmacy.
- Bachelor Degree in Pharmacy (B.Pharm)
- NYSC Certificate
- Valid practicing license
- A minimum of five years of previous retail pharmacy experience; preferably with managerial experience
- Background and knowledge of pharmaceutics and their drugs and interactions
- Familiarity with drug pricing program preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including strong organizational, detail, managerial and interpersonal skills
- Experience with pharmacy management systems, familiarity and working ability with practice management systems, database operations, spreadsheets, and other software systems is a plus
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with people of diverse races, ethnicities, ages, and sexual orientations in a multicultural environment.
- The ability to work carefully, methodically and accurately with medicines and doses.
- Excellent communication skills for dealing with patients and health professionals.
- Knowledge of the code of ethics for Pharmacists.
- Interpersonal skills and a caring and sympathetic manner.
- Must possess general clinical awareness.
- Attention to detail.
- Managing pharmacology processes.
How to Apply for this Offer
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Resume to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
- Pharmaceutical jobs
- Pharmacist jobs