IpNX Nigeria Limited’s job vacancy, Career and Recruitment
Job title : OSP Supervisor jobs in Lagos
Job Location : Lagos
Deadline : June 30, 2022
Quick Recommended Links
Purpose of the Job (Brief) The Maintenance Quality Control Supervisor oversees maintenance of ipNX fiber optic & civil work activities on the outside plant network. The OSP Supervisor will be involved in the day- to- day maintenance and management of the outside plant, taking into consideration Customer and Local Authority organizations in the maintenance of the fiber outside plant. The role is expected to involve a significant element of on-site attendance.
Corporate Customers: Restore service failures within 3 hours of its occurrence- Implementation and integration of new projects and ensure all open incident tickets are closed within this time-frame. Team Lead, Wireline Maintenance OSP Supervisor.
- Retail Customers: Restore service failures within 8 hours of its occurrence.
- Proactively drive MSPs to identify, plan and execute preventive maintenance action on the fiber network.
- Enforce active engagement of construction works (road and real estate) by MSPs to mitigate damage to ipNX fiber infrastructure.
- Enforce active monitoring of trenching activities by other PTOs along our fiber route.
- Audit and collate information for the fiber wire-line network. Prepare and submit the as-maintained documents after every network activity.
- Provide network data for processing change request approvals.
- Provide monthly cabinet utilization report.
- Ensure weekly support status reports are done and submitted timely for review.
- Submit as-is fiber break-fix report per ticket.
- Submit monthly cabinet utilization report.
Educational Qualifications & Functional Skills:
- Academic: University Degree in Telecoms, Engineering or Applied Sciences. Functional Skills:
- Proven track records of maintenance and management of metro and/or long distance fiber optic infrastructure.
- Sound knowledge of telecom industry best practices, norms and technical requirements with regard to fiber & civil work maintenance.
- FTTx and/or P2P fiber deployment and maintenance experience are distinct advantages i.e. fiber termination using fusion splice machines, testing & analyzing fiber links with OTDR and Light Source/Power Meters (LSPM), identifying fiber cores with VFLs.
- Capable of understanding fiber network architectures, designs & splice plans.
- User experience for Microsoft Office Tools including a good working knowledge of Microsoft Project.
- User experience for Visio/AutoCAD/GIS tools is desired.
- At least 2 years in telecommunications industry, with experience in Fiber network deployment and outside plant maintenance.
- Specific Knowledge of Civil Works planning applications with Nigerian Local Authorities
How to Apply for this Offer
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: email@example.com using the position as subject of email.