Job title : Optometrist
Job Location : Abuja
Deadline : February 29, 2024
Quick Recommended Links
- Examine the eyes of patients of all ages in accordance with the guidelines laid out by the College of Optometrists and the General Optical Council.
- Use specialist equipment for diagnosis and testing
- Issue prescriptions for spectacles or contact lenses
- Fit and check prescribed lenses in order to correct vision defects
- Offer advice and reassurance about vision-related matters
- Offer help and advice for patients choosing frames and lenses.
- Write referral communications to doctors as required in line with legal guidelines
- Liaise with other medical practitioners and sometimes share the care of patients with chronic ophthalmic conditions.
- Meet sales targets with regard to selling spectacles & contact lenses.
- Manage staff, including dispensing opticians and store staff as required.
- Supervise and train store staff.
- Open and close the store according to established guidelines.
- Perform core administrative functions.
- Provide emotional support and measures to alleviate fear and anxiety.
- Assess patient and family readiness and identifying learning needs.
- Lead/encourage multidisciplinary approach for patient’s discharge.
- Develop and implement the teaching plan utilizing patient education manual.
- Document patient and family education.
- Participate in voluntary community health activities to promote, maintain and restore health and prevent diseases.
- Adheres to Policies and Procedures.
- Candidates should possess B.Sc Degrees with 3 – 5 years relevant work experience.
Key Skills and Attributes:
- Hold Computer literacy
- Excellent Customer Service & Communication
- Plan and perform daily activities in an organised manner
- Kind, compassionate, dedicated and patient
- Able to handle different kinds of emotions as well as manage on the job stress
- Focused, detailed and creative in decision making
- Physically and mentally stable to handle extended shifts as well as mental pressure and traumatic events
- Able to review, analyze and respond to different situations they encounter daily
- Think critically in adapting to change, judging situations and taking appropriate decisions
How to Apply for this Offer
Interested and Qualified candidates should Click here to Apply Now
- Medical / Healthcare jobs
- Optometrist jobs