Job title : Operations Technician- Offshore
Job Location : Not specified
Deadline : March 09, 2024
Quick Recommended Links
Good diagnostic skills are required to troubleshoot problems. Operations Technicians are also required to plan work carefully, communicate effectively with their colleagues, and use information systems both as a source of data and to record what has happened.
Operations Technicians are expected to start up, control, monitor, and shut down as required and to maintain safe operations, and achieve production targets throughout.
As the production of oil and gas offshore is a 24-hour operation, Operations Technicians will work either dayshift or nightshift, alternating between shifts with each offshore trip or as and when required.
- Shift Supervisor, Offshore Operations Supervisor, Offshore Safety Department, Technicians on same and other shifts, Contract staff and Vendor Representatives, Capabilities Team, Marine Team.
- Maintain close liaison with the Control Room and perform operational actions requested by the Shift Supervisor, Control Room Technician.
- Complete daily logs and carry out watch keeping in area of responsibility.
- Carry out process plant isolations/de-isolations for safe handover to maintenance staff.
- Carry out first-line maintenance in area of responsibility.
- Endorse permits for work in area of responsibility ensuring no conflicts exist between operations and work to be undertaken.
- Maintain a daily handover log of significant events in area of responsibility and give a verbal handover to the on-coming Technician at the end of each shift to ensure safe operation and continuity.
- Complete a detailed trip handover document and give a verbal handover to the oncoming Technician at the end of each offshore trip.
- Mentoring of lower grade operators.
Health Safety and Environment:
- Be fully familiar with Company HSE policies and ensure compliance with these
- Fulfil all Emergency Response duties, as required
- Be fully aware of the installation Safety Case
- Monitor and effectively control consumption of materials and consumables associated with production in area of responsibility
- Maintain a vigilant lookout for faults on installation safety systems and process plant to ensure issues are captured and rectified in the shortest possible timescale
- Maintain required knowledge of all field safety and environmental regulations and operating procedures and maintain competency in the skills required to carry out the assigned role safely and efficiently
- To learn and understand all activities and processes associated with FPSO operations to a level that enables him/her to exercise good operational skills in all disciplines assigned to
- To act as a member of the Operations Support Team in Emergency Response situations, as and when required.
- Proving competency using the VQ Competence Framework will be as crucial as understanding the impact that Operations has on personnel, as defined in the Safety Case
- E&P Business Competencies Level
- Written and verbal communication skills>>>Skilled
- Develop and manage alliances>>>Awareness
E&P Technical Competencies Level
- Operate wells and facilities>>>Skilled
- Maintain wells and facilities>>>Knowledge
- Technical integrity requirements>>>Knowledge
- Process Engineering Understanding>>>Awareness
- Operate Process/Utilities Facilities>>>Skilled
- Operate Deck and Cargo Facilities>>>Knowledge
HSE Competencies Level
- Offshore safety procedures>>>Skilled
- PTW system>>>Skilled
- Emergency Response>>>Skilled
- Safety Case>>>Knowledge
IT Competencies Level
- EP specific business applications>>>Skill
- Information management>>>Awareness
Awareness of failure investigation and root cause analysis.
- The role of Operations Technician requires the individual to be a self-starter, able to work with minimum supervision.
How to Apply for this Offer
Interested and Qualified candidates should Click here to Apply Now
- Engineering / Technical jobs
- Operations Technician- Offshore jobs