Action Against Hunger | ACF-International’s Career and Recruitment Vacancy
Job title : Operations Support Coordinator jobs in Yobe
Job Location : Yobe
Deadline : October 13, 2021
Quick Recommended Links
Location: Damaturu, Yobe
Duration: 12 Months
Proposed Start date: 1st December, 2021
- Nigeria is facing an unprecedented humanitarian crisis because of the ongoing conflict in the North-East of the country between the State and the non-State armed groups. With 1.8 million internally displaced people in the affected states (IOM, Displacement Tracking Matrix, October 2018) and 7.1 million people in need of humanitarian help (OCHA, Nigeria : Humanitarian Response Plan, 2019-2021), it is one of the gravest crisis in the world.
- The Nigeria mission has been opened in 2010 by ACF-US and came under ACF-FR management from January 1, 2019. ACF Nigeria is currently undertaking the following activities: Food Security and Livelihoods Nutrition and Health, Water, Sanitation, and Hygiene. The mission consists of a team of 500+ national employees and about 50 international employees.
- In addition to a coordinating base in Abuja the capital city, there are three state offices in Damaturu, Maiduguri and Dutse and four sub bases including Monguno, Potiskum, Bade and Damasak.
- The Operations Support Coordinator will be based in Potiskum, sub-base of Damaturu. The base of Damaturu gathers a large team with over 200 staff. The projects aims to both humanitarian and development purposes, with a few long-term health and nutrition projects and multiple donors (DFID, GAC, SIDA, ECHO and USAID). The security situation in Yobe, has improved since 2017, but there a still risks and the situation remains a bit unpredictable.
Roles and Responsibilities
- As the Operations Support Coordinator, you’ll provide leadership and management of all the Support Services functions and systems at regional level, including Logistics, Finance and HR & Administration Management, to ensure quality support to programme implementation is maintained in line with ACF Nigeria Country Strategy, internal policies, best practice and donor guidelines. More precisely, your missions will be:
Overall coordination of the support function inter-departmental work plans, in order to provide operational support to project implementation:
- Support the development and implementation of the field support aspects of the Country strategic plan;
- Support the development and implementation of the Support Department regional strategic plan (Finance, Logistics, Admin and HR);
- Monitor on going progress of the project plan and reporting on a quarterly basis;
- Ensure inter and intra departmental coordination between support and program implementation teams for the development of planning and management tools such as the mission funding plan, HR forecasting, supply plan and equipment forecasts among others.
Overall Management of support functions:
- Line manage Finance, HR and logistics teams (assign objectives, coordination meetings, etc.);
- Ensure that ACF financial, logistics and HR Guidelines are adhered to at all times;
- Ensure organizational compliance with donor policies and guidelines, in addition to Mozambican regulations.
Risks management, internal control and audit:
- Carry out and document systematic and spot control within logistics, finance and HR activities
- Supervise implementation of audit action points in the base
- Ensure that payroll, taxes, insurance and other deductible contributions are accounted, paid, and reconciled properly;
- Participating in identifying operational risks and keep the operational risks register regularly updated.
To ensure proper reporting:
- Reporting and share information with relevant personnel;
- Regional focal point for quality reporting both internally and externally;
- Provide feedback to support department managers on monthly reports and follow up on recommendations.
- Working with Programme Managers and Support department heads to learn departmental needs and goals;
- Observing, reviewing and analyzing processes to identify inefficiencies and areas where improvements could be made;
- Collaborating with management and executives to set departmental and organization-wide goals.
- You hold an advanced University Degree (Masters) preferably in Finance, Economics, Logistics and/or Social / Humanitarian / Development Studies or equivalent;
- You have at least 3 years humanitarian experience in country level senior management/coordination role, in complex emergency / insecure contexts
- You are known for your management and coordination skills (Finance, HR, and Logistics). Proven experience in proposal writing and budget development;
- With excellent written and oral communications skills, you have demonstrated ability to write and edit reports under deadline pressure.
- Proven ability to translate analysis and evaluation into operational planning and strategy;
- You are well organized, you work autonomously and you are able to take decisions and/ or conclusions with minimal guidance. Excellent organizational, leadership, and motivational/training skills and experience;
- Fluent (written and spoken) in English
- Having a training in in safety and security management will be a plus.
Conditions of Employment
12 months fixed term contract under French legislation:
- Monthly gross salary from 2450âÂ to 2800âÂ upon experience
- Per diem and living allowance: 203âÂ + 312âÂ net, field paid.
- + 450âÂ of monthly gross salary as country allowance.
- + 16% of monthly gross salary as reimbursement of retirement insurance for non-French citizen.
- + Child allowance, limited to 5 children.
- Medical coverage: 100% coverage of medical expenses + repatriation insurance
Leaves and RnR:
- 25 days of paid leaves per year.
- + 20 RnR per year.
- + 215 âÂ at each RnR period (averagely every 12 weeks).
- Coverage of the transportation expenses to the RnR area of reference
- Free and unlimited access to the certifying e-learning platform Crossknowledge å©.
*Operations Support Coordinator jobs in Nigeria
*Administrative / Management jobs in Yobe
How to Apply for this Offer
Interested and Qualified Candidates should Click here to Apply online
*Administrative / Management jobs in Nigeria