Palladium Group’s job vacancy, Career and Recruitment
Job title : Operations Officer jobs in Abuja
Job Location : Abuja
Deadline : May 25, 2022
Quick Recommended Links
Project Overview and Role
- IHP is an integrated health program with an expanded effort with the Government of Nigeria (GON) to identify and support rapid scale-up of proven interventions through improvement of service delivery and strengthening of health systems.
- It will focus its support for service delivery in six intervention areas, family planning, malaria, routine immunization, nutrition, maternal/newborn health, and treatment of childhood pneumonia/diarrhoea.
- The Operations Officer (State) will work from the Abuja Country Office and provide operations support to the state offices.
- The Operations Officer (State) reports to the Senior Operations Manager and is responsible for ensuring the smooth operations and logistics of the state program, including local and in-country travel, local vendor relationships, and event and meeting arrangements.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
Procurement and Contracts Management:
- In consultation with the project team, explore market and collect price quotations from suppliers and vendors.
- Collect necessary documents and information to process purchase orders, consultant agreements, letter agreements, subcontract/agreements and/or sub-grants.
- Keep up-to-date electronic database, documentation of necessary information and deliverables in the files of each consultant agreement, sub-agreement, contract, grant, vendor, etc.
Office Administrations and Logistics:
- Maintain appropriate and updated filing system for all project documents including procurement documents (Due Diligence forms, biodatas, hosting checklists; competitive quotations); field vouchers, approved budgets and purchase orders); and workshop/activity payments; checks.
- Assist in management of Field Office assets, premises, supplies, publications, facilities and logistic services as required.
- Administer regular maintenance of all office space and equipment including necessary insurances in place and processing of claims in case of loss.
- Serve as backup for administration of transportation for the office and staff for local and international travel.
- Maintain HR-related files, including monthly updating of leave time accrued/taken, ensuring medical insurance for staff.
- Maintain up-to-date record of all rent, service and utility contracts for the office and, administer prompt payment of rents, insurance, service and utility bills.
- Assist in performing project close out activities.
- Work with project team to calculate and submit cost share information, where applicable.
- As necessary, assist in financial audit. Maintain accurate and up-to-date operational, personnel, and other records as required by corporate management and/or Nigerian law.
- Work closely with Finance Officer for daily tasks and overall project management.
- Manage expendable property
- Perform receiving function, record and tag all items
- Issue supplies and stationery to staff
- All other duties and tasks as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree from a recognized academic institution in Business or any related field or 4 years working in administration; MBA is an advantage.
- At least 4 years of administration experience with a good understanding of business operations and controls; experience with international organizations and USAID regulations an advantage.
- A minimum of 2 years of work experience in a developing country or similar environment.
- A minimum of 2 years of people management experience, including setting performance objectives, managing for results, giving and receiving feedback, performance evaluation and mentoring and coaching
- Proven competency in planning, organizing, and implementing operational activities.
- Proficiency in MS Office applications
- Sound written and verbal communication skills in English
- Strong supervision skills to ensure activities, schedules and progress are reviewed and monitored.
- Experience leading, mentoring, and motivating staff; a good understanding of performance management.
- Demonstrates good judgment and decision making.
- Project Management expertise
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Financial acumen and the ability to interpret and analyze financial reports
- Sound problem solving and decision making skills
- Strong management skills with ability to mentor, coach, lead, develop and evaluate staff
- Ability to work with a low level of supervision and as a part of a team when required
- Demonstrated critical thinking, attention to detail, and organizational skills
- Demonstrated leadership skills including a high level of professional maturity is required.
How to Apply for this Offer
Interested and Qualified candidates should Click here to Apply online