Job title : Operations Manager (Retail)
Job Location : Lagos
Deadline : October 26, 2023
Quick Recommended Links
- Our client is seeking to hire an Operations Manager who would be responsible for handling the day-to-day activities and inventory of the store while maximally applying the principles of economics to stay ahead of competitors.
- S/he will ensure smooth running of operations to maximize sales and minimize costs.
- The ideal candidate must have prior experience as a store manager, possess sound knowledge of diverse business subjects such as sales, marketing etc and must also be able to motivate staff to perform according to their maximum capacity.
- Planning and designating the duties and activities of the staff in his line of management.
- Taking inventory and ensuring measures are put in place and adhered to prevent theft and robberies.
- Informing the management about the activities of the store such as visit from public authorities, accidents or emergencies etc.
- Take note of improvements to be made and measures to be put in place for efficiency.
- Review all cancellations of total receipt, complaints, returns from customers and ensure that a customer’s complaint are not suspicious or unjustified then report to the management for decision-making.
- Provide training to new hires
- Make decisions on Order and Order Quantities
- Monitor the shelve stocks, product displays, and the general appearance of the store layout for maximal productivity.
- Investigate market trends and offer products that would appeal to customers.
- Ensure accuracy in price labelling
- Ensure deliveries from the Warehouse and direct suppliers are accurate and report any delivery mistakes.
- Ensure all books, reports, forms and documents in the store are well kept.
- And every other duty assigned to this role.
- First Degree from a recognized University.
- Proven experience as an operations manager or in any supervisory role in the retail industry.
- Knowledge of product and consumer trends, marketing strategies and how to utilize them.
- Strong supervisory, interpersonal, and collaborative skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Keen attention to details.
- Must be analytical and comfortable reviewing data.
- Proficiency in Excel required
- Must be motivated, organized, and determined.
- Proven ability to build collaborative relationships across cross-functional teams
- Must be results-driven, commercially aware, and have problem-solving abilities
- Must be able to juggle multiple tasks, can work with a plan, and work in a fast pace environment
- Good organizational skills.
- Base Pay: N200,000 – N250,000 monthly net plus other benefit.
How to Apply for this Offer
Interested and qualified candidates should send their updated Resume to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the mail for immediate consideration.
- Administrative / Management jobs
- Operations Manager (Retail) jobs