About Onstream Group’s Job offer
Job title : General Manager – Operations & Technical Services
Quick Recommended Links
Managerial / Supervisory Responsibilities
- In the exercise of his managerial and supervisory responsibilities, the General Manager will support the line of report to:
- Contribute strategic direction and leadership in line with the corporate business plan and strategy for operations and technical services functional unit.
- Implement business strategic decisions as relate to operations and technical services functional unit;
- Implement strategic plans that reflect the long-term objectives and priorities as delegated by the line of report;
- Maintain, control and appraise the unit performance against budget and plans;
- Monitor the operating and financial results against plans and budgets;
- Take full responsibility in the implementation of the company’s operations department decisions and review with the line of report;
- Foster a conducive corporate culture that promotes strong ethical practices, good corporate governance and employee productivity.
Operational Responsibilities & Tasks:
- The General Manager (Operations and technical services) will carry out the following and other operational duties as may be assigned to him by the line of report:
- Oversee the activities of staff of the operations and technical services department;
- Ensure effective mobilization, control and utilization of departmental resources;
- Ensure continuous improvement in the quality and value of products and services provided to clients and other stake holders.
- Exercise a high level of independent judgment in the development and implementation of a comprehensive facility condition assessment, short and long term maintenance plans and preventative maintenance program
- Conduct risk assessment and manage the department’s strategic decisions to mitigate failures;
- Ensuring all operational activities are performed in accordance with company Quality and HSSE standards, guidelines and procedures.
- Overseeing operational activities efficiency and effectiveness, ensuring all the operational teams achieve their objectives in accordance with company standards, procedures and guidelines
- Planning, coordinating and controlling assigned activities, ensuring the management of the job and all key decisions relative to work execution.
- Ensuring the local operations management system is developed, implemented and maintained consistently with company standards and guidelines, and ensuring this contains all necessary policies and procedures to safely operate the facilities
- Ensuring, in collaboration with the relevant corporate Human Resources function, a schedule defining the quality and quantity needs of personnel from time to time, granting and monitoring resources growth and ensuring the necessary support to the respective departments in the correct staffing activities.
- Negotiate, develop and maintain contractual arrangements with key clients and suppliers to deliver best value and service levels;
- Maintain and sustain the company’s quality, health and safety standards, training and meetings in line with company policies and procedures;
- Maintain continuous lines of communication, keeping the line of report informed of all critical issues, and operational risks with solutions and seeking approvals as appropriate
- Stakeholder management – build strong relationships and contacts with clients, potential clients, key policy influencers, allied professional bodies, for the sake business continuity
- Attend senior management weekly and monthly review meetings to present and defend operations department’s reports and execute decisions arising from the meetings;
- Respond to operations inquiries as may be delegated by the line of report;
- Must have a degree in Petroleum Engineering or other related disciplines
- A minimum of 10-15 years cognate/relevant Upstream or downstream oil and Gas experience 5-6 of which was in a senior management position in designated skill pool.
- MBA will also be an added advantage
- Good knowledge of general business in oil and gas (Asset Evaluation, Economics, Development and Facilities, Production Operations).
- JV presentation and good presentation skills both written and verbal in English.
- Exposure to general management where candidate have had responsibility for a multitude of functions (i.e. Sales, Commercial, Operations, QHSE)
- Experience in coordinating multi-location teams will be an advantage.
- Ability to resource, develop, manage and motivate team of individuals required to actualize company aspirations
- Must be self-motivated and highly ambitious with a strong desire to be part / driver of company’s aggressive growth program.
- Full knowledge of HSE policies and practices
How to Apply for this Offer
Interested and Qualified Candidates should Click here