One Acre Fund’s Career and Recruitment Offer
Job title : Nigeria Data Coordinator
Job Location : Niger
Deadline : July 20, 2021
Quick Recommended Links
About the Role
- One Acre Fund is a data-driven environment that invests heavily in quality systems to answer the most important questions facing our organization. We always aim to create more impact to farmers who participate in our program and this is made possible by an efficient and creative Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) department.
- The MEL Coordinator will support the department by creating high-quality surveys in CommCare, ensuring high-quality data, and assisting with data cleaning and analysis tasks.
- The MEL Coordinator will communicate with the field team to solve technical survey challenges and work with office-based staff to support the development and implementation of MEL systems and quality reports.
- Conduct weekly error checking analysis for all ongoing surveys
- Keep a running error tracker and communicate with the field team to understand and correct errors
- Analyze back check data and communicate results to the field team to help improve data quality
- Communicate error check and backcheck results to the field team and management to improve data quality
Survey Design in CommCare:
- Design all surveys in CommCare and ensure all data quality controls (display conditions, validation conditions, warning messages) are in place before the start of each survey
- Work with department leadership to ensure that all survey protocols are implemented in CommCare
- Test all surveys before data collection
- Respond to feedback from the field team and improve CommCare surveys based on challenges during survey implementation
- Troubleshoot CommCare challenges, including case management issues
- Stay up-to-date with CommCare features, and ensure surveys incorporate all needed features for maximum efficiency and high data quality
Data Cleaning & Analysis:
- Perform data cleaning for core surveys in Stata; maintain well-documented do-files
- Analyze quantitative summary statistics in Exceland/orStata and prepare results tables for results communication
- Conduct routine data analysis on transportation fees and other budgetary items
- Perform qualitative data analysis of focus group and interview transcripts
- Maintain the MEL team’s goals Tracker: keep track of survey completion rates, back check completion rates, and survey errors and corrections
- Compile andsynthesizedata from JG1 & JG2 performance reviews
- Keep track of inventory and resolve technical problems with tablets
- Translate and back-translated surveys; occasionally translatequalitative and quantitativedata and results
- Other tasks needed by the department
Career Growth and Development:
- We have a strong culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people. You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance. We hold career reviews every six months, and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. You’ll have the opportunity to shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
Across all roles, there are the general qualifications we look for. For this role specifically, you will have:
- Strong work experiences. Examples include demanding professional work experience, or successful entrepreneurial experience.
- Two years minimum practical experience working on data collection in a rural setting.
- Understanding of best practices in experimental design concepts, such as control group selection and randomization.
- Demonstrated leadership experience at work, or outside of work, enthusiasm for learning, and.
- Educational background in statistics, economics, population studies, development studies, monitoring and evaluation, project management or any other relevant field of study with an understanding ofquantitative and qualitative research.
- Fluency in Microsoft excel (can maintain complex spreadsheets), specifically:
- Design basic data-entry spreadsheets (can perform complex functions) in “database format” (observations horizontally across, 1 variable per column) with useful data validation.
- Extract summary statistics using Pivot Tables and Excel Formulae.
- Conduct analysis using statistics, logic, and validation formulae.
- Experience creating survey tools for field data collection and managing a field-based research team.
- Knowledge of electronic data collection platforms (e.g. ODK, SurveyCTO, CommCare).
- Preferably experience with statistical software packages such as SPSS, Stata, or R.
- Experience mentoring others to support their professional development.
- Build teams and work with colleagues from diverse backgrounds.
- Languages: English (required), Hausa an added advantage.
Preferred Start Date:
- Due to the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic, start dates can vary significantly by role. We are adapting rapidly to Covid-19 and most of our team is now working remotely. Given the changing environment, we will appreciate your flexibility in confirming a start date.
Health insurance, paid time off.
How to Apply for this Offer
Interested and Qualified Candidates should Click here