MPG Partnering’s job vacancy, Career and Recruitment
Job title : Oil and Gas Buyer jobs in Lagos
Job Location : Lagos
Deadline : May 23, 2022
Quick Recommended Links
- The Buyer manages all Sourcing activities required for assigned commodities / projects by working closely with internal stakeholders and suppliers.
- He must understand the local and international buying process within the oil and gas industry.
- Collaborate to achieve best price with the right quality, on time, for all PO’s
- Negotiate savings based on budgetary input and/or departmental goals
- Assist when required to ensure functional interests are maintained
- Manage assigned team to ensure operational issues are detected and handled
- Promote and ensure compliance to company and regulatory requirements & expectations at all times
- Coordinate, manage and issue required Requests for Quotation (RFQ) and Purchase Orders (PO) for assigned commodity/projects
- Ensure issues related to supplier fulfilment are managed proactively not only for own commodity but also including assigned team members
- Develop profile for supplier capability/capacity, by commodity, to establish sourcing strategies for maximum leverage
- Facilitate and/or lead supplier manufacturability discussions with the appropriate stakeholders (suppliers, engineering, projects, sourcing quality, quality assurance)
- Participate in global commodity team activities
- Collaborate with requesting departments to resolve problems relating to requirements, deviations, substitutions, priorities, delays, damages, inferior quality or other conditions that deviate from established procedures
- Maintain current market knowledge and changing material conditions and advise management of current trends in prices and purchasing availability
- Drive sourcing initiatives on savings, supplier performance and supplier base rationalization
- Manage own team of buyers where coordination and reporting are key to ensure projects and other internal stakeholders are provided with accurate information
Essential Qualifications / Competencies
- Bachelor’s Degree (Business or Technical Discipline Preferred) or significant and relevant industry experience
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in a similar role
- Knowledge in MS Office, Word, Excel, Purchasing / MRP related software
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, detail-oriented
- Analytical metrics-oriented, high motivation.
- Must be a collaborative team player, willing to take ownership of decisions and be a results-oriented self-starter
- Leadership traits or skills to be able to manage his/her own team
- Experience with leading a team and/or projectnegotiate favorable pricing with approved vendors, establish and maintain assigned schedules and delivery dates.
- High School Education
- Experience with Microsoft Office suite.
- Procurement experience
- Previous oil and gas experience
- Oracle experience.
USD500 – USD700 Monthly.
How to Apply for this Offer
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org Cc: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the email.