FINDEF’s job vacancy, Career and Recruitment
Job title : Nutrition Officer
Job Location : Borno
Deadline : March 31, 2023
Quick Recommended Links
The Nutrition Officer will be responsible for overseeing the implementation of the nutrition component of the Life-saving assistance project in Gwoza LGA, Borno State. The Nutrition Officer will be responsible for distribution of food and specialized nutritious food, conducting monthly screenings of children (6-23 months) and PLW, and providing key messages on the adequate use of specialized nutritious foods and IYCF practices to all caregivers. The Nutrition Officer will work closely with the project team and other stakeholders to ensure that the project activities are in line with the overall project objectives, and will play a key role in ensuring that the nutrition needs of the target population are met.
- Oversee the implementation of the nutrition component of the project, including the distribution of food and specialized nutritious food.
- Conduct monthly screenings of children (6-23 months) and PLW.
- Provide key messages on the adequate use of specialized nutritious foods and IYCF practices to all caregivers.
- Promote income-generating opportunities for households through VSLA, and promote household nutrition through vegetable gardens.
- Provide technical support to beneficiaries during the implementation of the program.
- Ensure that the distribution of food and specialized nutritious food is conducted in a secure environment with adequate protection and safety measures in place.
- Conduct regular monitoring and evaluation of the nutrition component of the project.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date records of the nutrition component of the project.
- Report on the progress of the nutrition component of the project to the Project Manager.
- Collaborate with WFP, UNICEF, food security sector, nutrition partners and other stakeholders to ensure that beneficiaries receive appropriate support and services.
- Implement gender-sensitive and protection-focused programming, ensuring the safety and protection of all beneficiaries.
- Conduct community engagement and sensitization activities, promoting healthy diets and nutrition knowledge and practices.
- Ensure that project resources are used efficiently, effectively and transparently.
- Provide technical support to the project team and partners on all nutrition-related activities, including the provision of nutrition services, support for nutrition-sensitive programming, and the development of nutrition education and promotion activities.
- Provide capacity building and training to local partners and stakeholders on the provision of nutrition services, support for nutrition-sensitive programming, and the development of nutrition education and promotion activities.
- Ensure that all project activities are in compliance with the relevant national and international standards and guidelines for nutrition.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with key stakeholders, including government agencies, NGOs, and other partners.
- Represent the project in relevant nutrition-related meetings and forums, and contribute
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the Project Manager.
- Master’s degree in Nutrition, Public Health, or a related field.
- At least 5 years of experience in nutrition programming, including experience in the design and implementation of nutrition-sensitive programming.
- Experience in conducting nutrition assessments and monitoring and evaluation of nutrition programs.
- Experience in the implementation of nutrition programs in a humanitarian setting.
- Experience in the development of national and international nutrition policies and strategies.
- Strong knowledge of international nutrition standards and guidelines, including Nigeria CMAM Guideline, the International Code of Marketing of Breast-milk Substitutes and the World Health Organization’s Global Strategy for Infant and Young Child Feeding.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including the ability to work effectively with a wide range of stakeholders, including government agencies, NGOs, and community organizations.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, and the ability to work independently and under pressure.
- Familiarity with UNICEF and WFP policies and procedures is an asset.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team.
- Ability to travel to remote and difficult-to-reach areas and to work in challenging environments.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and data analysis tools.
- Demonstrated commitment to gender equality and the protection of vulnerable groups.
- Knowledge of local language and culture an asset.
Note: This job description is not exhaustive and may be adjusted based on the evolving needs of the project.
How to Apply for this Offer
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the position as subject of email.
* Nutrition Officer jobs
*Jobs in Borno
*Medical / Healthcare jobs
- Salary Offer: *********