Job title : Nursing Officer
Job Location : Lagos
Deadline : June 25, 2023
Quick Recommended Links
The key purpose of this role is to monitor employee’s health and encouraging better choices, meeting health and safety standards to reduce work-related injuries, and educating the workforce about the requirements to minimize health risks they would be facing.
Key outputs and responsibilities:
- Manage the Occupational Health records and resources.
- Manage Occupational Health Administration
- Responds to job-related medical emergencies and provides onsite treatment to sick or injured worker.
- Promotes and maintains the health and wellness of workers.
- Manage own performance and performance of direct reports.
- Remain up to date with current health and safety legislation.
- Ensure the health and safety of the workers by inspecting the workplace to maintain health standards.
- Promote workers productivity by supporting the development and implementation of health policies.
- Educate and train employees about prevalent health risks.
- Assist departments with identifying, evaluating, and implementing accommodations and return to work options for workers with restricted duty.
- Contribute to the design and controls for injury prevention and health surveillance related to actual and potential hazards in the work environment.
- Apply the VPO principles and practices.
Qualifications and Experience
The occupant of this position should possess:
- Active nursing license as registered nurse.
- Bachelor’s degree in nursing. Certification in occupational health nursing will be an added advantage.
- Basic understanding of federal and state regulations applicable to occupational and environmental health and safety
- Minimum of 2 – 3 years’ experience in a similar role, preferably in a manufacturing environment
Key Competencies and Attributes
- Ability to administer medical aid in emergency situations.
- Ability to work in high pressure situations and remain calm in medical emergencies.
- Extensive knowledge of nursing principles and procedures.
- Extensive knowledge of workplace hazards and safety risks.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or similar software.
The advert has minimum requirements listed. Management reserves the right to use additional/relevant information as criteria for short-listing. Interested candidates who meet the above specifications may apply no later than 01 June 2023.
How to Apply for this Offer
Interested and Qualified candidates should Click here to Apply Now
- Medical / Healthcare jobs
- Nursing Officer jobs