4 days ago
Sharing this job is caring.
Quick Recommended Links
NSIA-LUTH Cancer Center’s Career and Recruitment Offer
Job title : Radiation Therapist
Job Location : Lagos
Deadline : April 19, 2021
Quick Recommended Links
- Prepare for patient simulation
- Explain procedures to the patient
- Carry out CT simulation
- Take necessary measurements and pictures as it relates to patient care and treatment;
- Acquire CT images and send them for contouring;
- Document and record procedure in the unit treatment journal;
- Provide clinical briefing to patients and their families, the details of treatment, possible side effects, numbers of days the patient will be on radiotherapy and other necessary adjustment.
- Inspect radiation equipment’s’ like CT, LINAC, IMMOBILISATIONAL devices, to ensure they are operational and function effectively;
- Ensure compliance with safety guidelines procedures and standards to prevent undue exposure to radiation;
- Ensure patients are positioned properly for radiation;
- Keep records of treatment information such as radiation dosage, equipment settings and patient’s response to radiotherapy;
- Assist oncologists and physicists to develop treatment plans for cancer patients;
- Monitor patients to check for the side effects of their treatments and make appropriate recommendations or changes to their treatment plan where necessary;
- Ensure proper sterilization of equipment and utensils used before the next appointment;
- Provide offline review of patents by supervision and make necessary adjustments where necessary;
- Dispense radiation dose during brachytherapy treatment;
- A minimum of a diploma or Bachelors’ degree in Radiography with a PGD in Radiotherapy;
- A minimum of 6 years’ experience in clinical practice.
- Must be licensed by the Radiographer registration board of Nigeria (RRBN);
- Must be a licensed Radio-therapist at the pint of employment (evidence of certificate will be required);
- Previous exposure to international atomic energy agency (IAEA fellowship, seminars and workshop;
- Hands-on knowledge and experience in Brachytherapy will be an added advantage.
- Previous attendance in ARN conferences or any RRBN continuous development programme is an added advantage;
- S/he must be able to communicate (read and write) in English language. Ability to speak another local language will be an added benefit to the role and unit;
- An excellent team-player with good time management skills;
How to Apply for this Offer
Interested and qualified candidates should apply using the Apply Now button below.