Creative Associates International’s job vacancy, Career and Recruitment
Job title : Northeast Connection – Outreach campaigns to promote tolerance and counter violent extremist messaging and misinformation in the NE RFA jobs in Adamawa
Job Location : Adamawa
Deadline : October 25, 2021
Quick Recommended Links
NE Connection program seeks to popularize alternative narratives to counter VEOs messaging and misinformation and promote tolerance through outreach campaigns to increase citizens consciousness for peaceful coexistence in vulnerable communities. Through a competitive grant process, NE Connection will award multiple grants to competent local organizations to implement activities in Borno, Adamawa Yobe state.
The anticipated geographic scope for each state includes:
- Borno State: Maiduguri metropolis, Jere and Biu LGAs ÛÒ 6 Wards
- Yobe State: Damaturu and Potiskum LGAs ÛÒ 4 Wards
- Adamawa State: Demsa, Mubi South, and Mubi North LGAs ÛÒ 6 Wards
The awardees are expected to propose unique activities that will help NE Connection to tackle the widespread of VE messaging through the development of relevant constructive messages to counter such narratives, develop methodologies to translate CVE messages in local languages and formats for dissemination purpose, conduct community outreach campaigns, peace-based radio dramas, jingles, develop and distribute Information, Education and Communication Materials (IEC) etc., to counter VE messaging and misinformation, and other methodologies that deepen understanding and constant communication on countering VE. This assistance will increase citizens consciousness for peaceful coexistence and tolerance in NE.
3. RFA Theory of Change
IF we sensitize vulnerable community members to counter the narrative of VEOÛªs messaging and misinformation and promote tolerance through outreach campaigns, THEN we would increase citizens
consciousness for peaceful coexistence in vulnerable communities of the NE.
Objective 1: To popularize alternative narratives to VEOs messaging and misinformation in vulnerable
communities through outreach campaigns in the NE.
Expected Result 1.1 Alternative messages developed to counter VEO misinformation in vulnerable communities in the Northeast
Expected Result 1.2 Information, Education and Communication materials produced and distributed in the communities of intervention to counter VE misinformation.
Objective 2: To increase citizens consciousness for peaceful coexistence and tolerance in vulnerable
communities in the NE through campaigns and sensitization.
Expected Result 2.1 Awareness created on the need for peaceful co-existence in vulnerable communities through campaigns and sensitization.
5. Illustrative Activities
The proposed activities for this RFA should be guided by the Theory of Change (ToC) and RFA objectives. Grantees are encouraged to propose activities that are applicable to their proposed geographic
locations and previous experience. NE Connection has prepared the following illustrative examples of the types of activities that grantees could propose to implement under this grant, they include but are not
- Design messaging to counter VE narratives and messages, including in local languages (Hausa, Kanuri, Babur)
- Conduct community outreach campaign
- Conduct various interactive sessions, and
- Broadcast peace-based radio dramas, jingles etc., to counter VE messaging and misinformation
- Organize Sensitization campaigns
- All activities implemented under this RFA will follow COVID-19 protocols, including but not limited to, the mandatory use of non-medical face masks and limiting sessions to a maximum of 20 people.
6. Draft Output and Outcome Indicators for this RFA
- Of community outreach campaigns organized
- of community members reached through outreach campaigns
- of community members who participated in outreach campaign (disaggregated by gender)
- Of host national inhabitants reached through USG-assisted public information campaigns to support peaceful resolution of conflicts
- of respondents who report changing their mind positively towards VEOs after listening to radio programme
- Of IEC materials to counter VE misinformation produced and distributed of people sensitized by the radio jingle, drama and other IEC materials who can demonstrate knowledge on how to respond to signs of VE.
*Consultancy jobs in Nigeria
*Consultancy jobs in Adamawa
*Northeast Connection – Outreach campaigns to promote tolerance and counter violent extremist messaging and misinformation in the NE RFA in Adamawa
How to Apply for this Offer
Applicants will be asked to submit an Activity Concept directly to Northeast Connection using one of the
following methods: a) electronically via the online grantsÛª management portal (https://smart.fluxx.io), or
b) electronically via email at [email protected], to the attention of "Grants Department."
Applications must be received no later than the deadline stated above. Eligible and responsive applicant(s) will be invited to proceed to the next stage, which applicants will co-design/create with NE
Connection to complete full technical and cost applications. Awards will be made to eligible and responsible applicants whose proposed activities best meet the program objectives.
To be eligible for award, an applicant must meet the eligibility requirements described in Section C and submit complete applications in accordance with the submission instructions described in Section D.
Issuance of this RFA does not constitute an award commitment on the part of NE Connection nor does it commit NE Connection to pay for any costs incurred by a potential applicant while preparing/submitting an application. All preparation/submission costs are at the applicant's expense. All applications submitted are at the risk of the applicant.