Job title : Night Auditor
Job Location : Rivers
Deadline : September 21, 2023
Quick Recommended Links
- Checks front office accounting records for accuracy and, on a daily basis, summarizes and compiles information for the hotel’s financial records.
- Tracks room revenue, occupancy percentages, and other front office operating statistics.
- Prepares a summary of cash, check, and credit card activities, reflecting the hotel’s financial performance for the day.
- Posts room charges and room taxes to guest accounts including guest transactions not posted during the day by the front office cashier.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Posts room charges and taxes to guest accounts.
- Processes guest charges vouchers and credit card vouchers.
- Post charges to the guest accounts that have not been posted or were incurred on the night audit shift.
- Transfer charges and deposits to master accounts.
- Checks to see that all charges are assigned to the appropriate departments.
- To verify that all transactions performed at the front desk are supported by documentary evidence and signatures as necessary and that they have been correctly posted and allocated in to PMS system.
- To Verify that all charges posted from the POS Software, SPA software had reached the correct guest folios and also not missing.
- Prints up and files reservations for the next business day.
- Verifies all account postings and balances.
- Verifies that room rates are correct and posts those rates to guest accounts.
- Monitors the current status of coupon, discount, and other promotional programs.
- Is able to function as a front desk agent especially in terms of check-in and check-out procedures.
- Tracks room revenues, occupancy percentages, and other front office statistics.
- Prepares a summary of cash, check, and credit card activities.
- Summarizes results of operations for management.
- Check figures, postings, and documents for accuracy. Record, store, access, and/or analyze computerized financial information.
- Prepare of End of day procedure.
- Follow the End of Day / Night Audit Checklist (Must Read!).
- Must have complete knowledge of emergency procedures.
- Balance the day’s charges, making corrections as necessary.
- Performs wake-up calls.
- Run end of day process in property management software (PMS).
- Understand principles of auditing, balancing, and closing out accounts.
- Knows how to operate PMS, computer, and other front office equipment’s.
- Respond to guest needs, special requests and complaints and alert the appropriate manager as needed
- Perform nightly balancing of in-room video and long-distance telephone services
- Understand and knows how to perform check-in and check-out procedures.
- Processing payments including room charges, debit and credit, cash and cheques.
- Processing wake-up call requests.
- Checking in and checking out guests.
- Answering guest queries and providing services as required.
- Monitoring hotel and reporting any accidents or incidents to the manager.
Health and Safety:
- Fully understands the hotel’s fire, emergency, and bomb procedures
- Ensures that emergency procedures are practiced and enforced to provide for the security and safety of guests and employees.
- B.Sc Degree in Accounting, Finance or relevant field
- Must have 3 years of experience
- Proven experience as a Night Auditor or in a similar role, preferably in the hospitality industry
- Experience with accounting and facilities management software
- Excellent math skills
- An eye for detail
- Good problem-solving skills
- Strong customer service skills
- The ability to multitask
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Availability to work overnight
How to Apply for this Offer
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV in Microsoft Word format to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
- Accounting / Financial Services jobs
- Night Auditor jobs