Job title : News / Features Writer
Job Location : Not specified
Deadline : October 19, 2023
Quick Recommended Links
- Proven experience in print/online journalism or blogging
- Proven experience writing news/feature stories
- A proven interest in/passion for the African fashion, beauty and lifestyle industry, as well as knowledge of its key brands and professionals
- A working knowledge of WordPress or experience using a CMS (Content Management System) (however basic)
- Photoshop/Indesign skills preferred but not essential
Main areas of responsibility:
- As a member of the online editorial team, you will be responsible for contributing to the SPICE site on a regular basis, adhering to deadlines and processes outlined by the Managing Editor.
- You will be asked to focus on a specific area/topic and be asked to submit work in this area regularly
- Hours may be flexible
- Formulate detailed monthly content calendars which outlines specific posts and topics
- Monitor trends surrounding content areas
- Contributes editorial pieces.
- Writes engaging, informative and interesting posts on topics such as fashion, beauty, entertainment, travel, culture, etc.
- Reviews, edits and formats content (text, images, etc.)
How to Apply for this Offer
If this sounds like something you’re interested in and you believe you have what it takes (please see the requirements below) and send you’re your application to firstname.lastname@example.org we’d love to hear from you
- Covering letter
- Portfolio or Previous examples of related work.
***Please note that due to a high volume of applicants, only successful candidates will be contacted. If you’ve not heard back from us within 2 weeks of sending your CV, you have been unsuccessful on this occasion but we will keep your information on file for future, more suitable opportunities.
- Media / Advertising / Branding jobs
- News / Features Writer jobs