Airtel’s job vacancy, Career and Recruitment
Job title : Network Optimization Lead jobs in Lagos
Job Location : Lagos
Deadline : May 23, 2022
Quick Recommended Links
- Achieve and maintain a high quality level of the 3G / 2G / LTE Radio Network Services, and ensure high quality performance on all technical activities, and the highest possible level of customer satisfaction.
- Provide effective technical support and continually seek for quality improvements within the Mobile Network Optimization project.
- Defines and measures the unit KPIs(Key Performance indicators)
- Follows-up the evolution of the radio system quality.
- Proposes indicators for the continuous analysis and follow-up of radio voice and data quality of service, generates proper alarms and recommends solutions when needed.
- Proposes preventive and/or corrective actions for the provisioning of acceptable QoS for voice and data services.
- Monitor & analyze the GSM, WCDMA/HSDPA Radio Network Statistics on daily basis.
- Achieve & maintain the Radio Network Performance as per the contracted KPIs (Accessibility, Retainability, Mobility & Service Integrity).
- Responsible for reducing congestion and drops, improving the IRAT Handover, Soft Handover, Location Update, Paging, CSSR, RRC Connection & RAB Establishment Success rate in his designated area for all Voice, Video Packet & High Speed, issuing capacity requests whenever needed.
- Responsible for Inconsistencies Checks, Packet Throughput, Parameter changes & Physical changes.
- Responsible for testing the radio performance for the newly integrated sites.
- Discuss the frequency & Scrambling Code retunes requests with his team leader for his designated area.
- Responsible for the drive test analysis and taking the necessary action to improve the performance of his area.
- Participate in technical discussions with the customer in order to gather product-related information.
- Perform Radio Network Surveys, i.e. visit possible sites in order to judge if they are suitable from a radio network point of view (Hardware & Location).
- Follows-up and ensures the existence of sufficient capacity in the radio network (including on the BSC-BTS and the air interfaces).
- Researches and implements solutions for continuous service improvement in respect to parameter settings and configuration.
- Investigates and recommends proper solutions for customer complaints; validates proposed solutions related to parameter modification on the radio network.
- Validates the recommended radio parameters and configuration provided by the unit.
- Proposes and verifies the implementation of optimal solutions in order to improve operational efficiency of the unit.
- Follows corrective actions based on the internal reports of coverage analysis.
- Follows-up general Radio access technology trends relating to radio optimization activities and assists the RAN Research & Studies unit in the update of Radio engineering guidelines accordingly.
Skills & Knowledge
- Relevant University Degree in Engineering
- 10 years of experience in 2G, 3G, 4G
- Minimum of 5 years optimization & Planning experience, primarily in Optimization of 4G
- Minimum of 4 years with vendors experience or well-known operators in telecommunication or related field
- Excellent knowledge of the field of 2G/3G/4G radio communication and optimization
- Good knowledge in performance management, DB parameters and features.
- Ready to work extra hours during rush periods
- Maintains professional relationships with all departments
- Ensures confidentiality of information
- Strong background of LTE optimization in multi-layered setup
- Good Team leading abilities and should be a motivator for the team
- Good Presentation skills should be thorough in large data handling
- Good experience on vendor handling under MS contract.
How to Apply for this Offer
Interested and Qualified candidates should Click here to Apply online